Gaming My DSes

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am currently rummaging and cleaning up around the house and decided to simplify my life a bit.

All old age cabling and computer crap have been disposed of (I have a bit of a habit of thinking "One of these days I'm going to do this and that and these will be used"). Fast forward a few years and things are still where they were, unused.

Mustering all my inner strength, I had to come to terms and just let things go. It's cathartic.

And while having the fury of cleaning up and discard never to happen ideas, I came accross my old DSes (a Lite and an original DS).
Note: For me, the original Nintendo DS is the best handheld console of all time. The 3DS never hit me that hard, despite me having one.

And both had problems, having been torn apart:
The original, because the lower screen had a line of dead pixels. That I replaced for a screen that had a single dead pixel! Frustrated I thought "one day I'll return to you."
The Lite, I wanted to change the case, that, looking back, was quite stupid. I mean, why? I never cared for colors, but alas...
And like that they stayed for 5 years, give or take.

But recently, I wanted to get me a gaming device that wasn't the Switch (that I own, and don't like that much).

And got a burgundy DSi. And it's beautiful!

But I wanted to make the older DSes work again, so I reassembled them both. And found out that out of the blue, the original DS screen that was replaced is working perfectly! And after messing around with the DS Lite, I found that the flat cable of the touch digitizer is broken, and I need to get a rubber pad for the start and select buttons, because the hackjob I have doesn't allow for the case to close snugly.

If someone happens to have spare parts for a DS Lite, hit me up, please.

I have a soft spot for the original DS, as it was for quite a while my only friend...
But damn, the DSi XL is amazing.

And here they are:
UPN9AFP.jpg

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nice, do you still play any games on them? Which ones?
I am replaying Meteos, one of my favorite on the system.

I am also playing for real some Castlevanias.
I shall explore some games that eluded me when in it's prime, like Magical Starsign, as I find that game quite nice.

I can't get behind New Super Mario Bros. But really, how many times can one play the same game over and over?

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. :)
I agree with the others.
Nice collection.
I particularly like the red DS Lite.
I also had a DS Phat which I reluctantly sold, as it was just there to get the dust; then the black border around the top screen always bothered me.
Like you, I recently bought a DSi XL (used but like new), but my absolute favorite is my pink DS Lite, used and abused, but still in perfect condition, without a blemish. When the time comes, I think I'll take it to my grave..you know, to pass the time...:rofl:

Last edited by Nikokaro,

MegalithAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
This is a really good collection, I always had urges to get a DS and I've found many versions for a cheap price. at least 50$ each aprox.

Reactions: eyeliner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs