My DS has been bricked!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by trae329, May 10, 2009.

1. trae329
    OP

trae329 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2009
    United States
    Behind you.
    My DS Lite has been bricked accidentally by it shutting off at 1% in Flashme.
    I have an R4 and a CycloDS. I also am picking up a Supercard Lite on Monday.
    Yes, I did see the one Start + Select trick, it did not work.
    Please help me ASAP.

trae329
    P.S I am new here.

2. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    well, if START+SELECT do not work then im guessing you are screwed. how did the power turn off anyways?

3. trae329
    OP

trae329 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2009
    United States
    Behind you.
    I shut it off. I am a noob at this, but i did see someone fix this using a Slot-2 card.
    I also have my Supercard Lite here, but i do not know how to fix it.

trae329

EDIT: Okay, I am buying a used ds lite tomorrow. Thanks anyway, KazoWAR!
    P.S. Do you have an account in Projectpokemon?

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    What happens if you hold Start+Select with just the Supercard Lite inserted? Can you get to the Supercard menu?

5. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    if you want, you could try the Parellel Port flashing thingy, which can recover you from a brick. But it needs you to dismantle your DS and solder stuff... If you're interested google DarkFader and find out how on his website.

6. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    it's a lite, no soldering at all is needed

just unplug the bios/wifi chip from working one
    put it in bricked one
    start flashme
    swap working for broken
    press xbxb
    wait till 100%
    ????
    profit!

7. dark42

dark42 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2007
    United States
    R4 huh? Well, if it's a legit one (not a clone) you might be able to recover. I did this once and I recovered a bricked DS Lite. What you need to do is use a program called r4crypt (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=243) to encrypt the flashme installer and name it the same as that system file of the R4 (_DS_MENU.DAT) and put it on the root of the SD card. If you've flashed enough of flashme to have the recovery code in there you should be able to use Start+Select to boot up the R4 and continue flashing, and therefore unbrick.

Got this info from this tutorial (http://www.allaboutgames.co.uk/blogs/2007/05/26/how-to-recover-a-half-flashed-ds-with-an-r4ds-or-m3-simply/), and I have personally used this info to recover a half-flashed DS Lite about 2 years ago. However if you turned off the power before flashme could write the recovery code in, you're SOL, your only option is to open up the DS and do a JTAG flash.

8. House Spider

House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Banned
    Apr 25, 2009
    Dundalk
    It is possible to decode the generated _DS_MENU.DAT to work on clones so if he owns a clone he still has a shot.