+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well seems like i got a faulty DS lite , but it took 6 month before to show a little crack.

I was playing some Picross when i closed it , the part with the Power light (you know the one who show if the DS is on or Recharging.)

Well like i said , it makes 6 month i have it , do you think Nintendo will replace it even thought it still not on waranty (well im not sure , how long the DS lite Waranty last?) because i don't think i could have the money for a new one.

(and it seems to be the same old problem that people had at launch , Cracked Hindge(sp)

Image003.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image001.jpg

sorry for the crappy photo , was done with a webcam.

well im kind of feeling like him
hate2.gif

but well it was expected to happen.

s1r1u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, i think you should try to contact them.
(now you have nothing to loose right?)
Who knows they will understand your arguments, and send you a new one?
If i was in your place i would do that.
I'm sorry for your ds and i wish you good luck with it.
Sometimes we get mad, but before doing something crazy like this
hate2.gif

See what they have to tell you... so cheer up
grog.gif

Akoji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh well , i called today , seems like Nintendo of Canada is more money hungry.

It gonna cost me 74$ Can. + shipping costs.

They guy told me that it wasn't a prodution error, that it was a physical damage and that it was the user fault.

Damn i never dropped it hard , maybe it feel from my pocket like once or twice , but hell the crack never showed up before 2 weeks and i didn't droped it since like 2 months , and it freaking broke when i closed the upper screen onto the bottom one.

Seems like i won't have a DS for like a year. o.O let wait next christmas, well my birthday is nearer , but still 26 sept. is quite far.

But now if i look more closely , i can understand why it says it not a manifacturing defect , the part that dropped was not really on the hindge , but i got another crack i didn't show on the photos , which is directly on the hinge.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

They guy told me that it wasn't a prodution error, that it was a physical damage and that it was the user fault.

Damn i never dropped it hard , maybe it feel from my pocket like once or twice , but hell the crack never showed up before 2 weeks and i didn't droped it since like 2 months , and it freaking broke when i closed the upper screen onto the bottom one.

Seems like i won't have a DS for like a year. o.O let wait next christmas, well my birthday is nearer , but still 26 sept. is quite far.

Sounds like he was talking a load of BS to me. A few DSs have had cracked hinges. I hope you never mentioned you'd droped it. What you could do is look for a replacement case, must be cheaper than paying $74 cad.

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

But now if i look more closely , i can understand why it says it not a manifacturing defect , the part that dropped was not really on the hindge , but i got another crack i didn't show on the photos , which is directly on the hinge.

Got my DS before the us launch. It came from japan. Got it from ebay. 4 Months later it had the small crack on the left side. More recently I saw hairline cracks forming on the other. Sent it to Nintendo, they have replaced it. I am now getting a us model (know this by serial #) Didnt cost me a dime, not even shipping.

TRy this. Go online and fill out there foms. They should send you a letter with a shipping sticker. To put on a box you will send the DS back in.

It could be because you are in CA. Try crossing the border and having some you know on this side send it.

Akoji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nah i never said i droped it , i just told him that it was cracked since 2 weeks , i close the DS (and the screens) and it just fell off.

he said that i was only having a physical problem , and i told i heard a lot about problems like that on DS lite and he said that there were only one precise manifacturing problem , which he didn't wanted to tell me.

Well could you link me that form , i can't find it , and i sended them an email with photos of my DS (well the hinge.)

and from what i read from ign , another defect can been seen , when your DS is on you can see the backlight shine through the GBA slot. They guy got it repair for free , i have this problem too , the hinge , but hell i had to have the LED part fall.

trepid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The hinge crack issue that they started taking care of was a crack on the left side not the right, Almost all the reports I read about said it was the left.
Though I remember seeing a few people with this problem too, just not enough for nintendo to change their policies I guess.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same thing happen to 2 Ds Lites now. Its a production error on ninty's part. Just push down on the led cover when you close your new one. Whats happening is the LED cover is getting the shat pulled out of it by the hinge. just push on the led cover when you close it and you won't see another R crack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...