My DS broke.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Akoji, Jan 26, 2007.

Jan 26, 2007

My DS broke. by Akoji at 8:39 AM (1,192 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Akoji
    OP

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Well seems like i got a faulty DS lite , but it took 6 month before to show a little crack.

I was playing some Picross when i closed it , the part with the Power light (you know the one who show if the DS is on or Recharging.)

Well like i said , it makes 6 month i have it , do you think Nintendo will replace it even thought it still not on waranty (well im not sure , how long the DS lite Waranty last?) because i don't think i could have the money for a new one.

(and it seems to be the same old problem that people had at launch , Cracked Hindge(sp)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry for the crappy photo , was done with a webcam.

well im kind of feeling like him [​IMG]

but well it was expected to happen.

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    i think its a year.

3. Akoji
    OP

Canada
    yeah i think that it year too , so i will call them tommorow =)

4. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    i hope you get a new one soon [​IMG] nintendo will replace it. ITs thier fault. [​IMG]

5. s1r1u5

Newcomer s1r1u5 Advanced Member

Seriously, i think you should try to contact them.
    (now you have nothing to loose right?)
    Who knows they will understand your arguments, and send you a new one?
    If i was in your place i would do that.
    I'm sorry for your ds and i wish you good luck with it.
    Sometimes we get mad, but before doing something crazy like this [​IMG]
    See what they have to tell you... so cheer up [​IMG]

6. Akoji
    OP

Canada
    Well if the waranty last 1 year , My DS is still on it , So it should be fine Lol.

But yeah im planning to call them when the customer service is open.

7. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    The hinge on the ds lite is a manufacturing defect. Even if you've had the ds over 12 months nintendo should feel obliged to repair it.

8. Akoji
    OP

Canada
    Oh well , i called today , seems like Nintendo of Canada is more money hungry.

It gonna cost me 74$ Can. + shipping costs.

They guy told me that it wasn't a prodution error, that it was a physical damage and that it was the user fault.

Damn i never dropped it hard , maybe it feel from my pocket like once or twice , but hell the crack never showed up before 2 weeks and i didn't droped it since like 2 months , and it freaking broke when i closed the upper screen onto the bottom one.

Seems like i won't have a DS for like a year. o.O let wait next christmas, well my birthday is nearer , but still 26 sept. is quite far.

But now if i look more closely , i can understand why it says it not a manifacturing defect , the part that dropped was not really on the hindge , but i got another crack i didn't show on the photos , which is directly on the hinge.

9. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Sounds like he was talking a load of BS to me. A few DSs have had cracked hinges. I hope you never mentioned you'd droped it. What you could do is look for a replacement case, must be cheaper than paying $74 cad.

10. zone97

Member zone97 GBAtemp Fan

United States

Got my DS before the us launch. It came from japan. Got it from ebay. 4 Months later it had the small crack on the left side. More recently I saw hairline cracks forming on the other. Sent it to Nintendo, they have replaced it. I am now getting a us model (know this by serial #) Didnt cost me a dime, not even shipping.

TRy this. Go online and fill out there foms. They should send you a letter with a shipping sticker. To put on a box you will send the DS back in.

It could be because you are in CA. Try crossing the border and having some you know on this side send it.

11. Akoji
    OP

Canada
    nah i never said i droped it , i just told him that it was cracked since 2 weeks , i close the DS (and the screens) and it just fell off.

he said that i was only having a physical problem , and i told i heard a lot about problems like that on DS lite and he said that there were only one precise manifacturing problem , which he didn't wanted to tell me.

Well could you link me that form , i can't find it , and i sended them an email with photos of my DS (well the hinge.)

and from what i read from ign , another defect can been seen , when your DS is on you can see the backlight shine through the GBA slot. They guy got it repair for free , i have this problem too , the hinge , but hell i had to have the LED part fall.

12. trepid

Newcomer trepid Member

United States
    The hinge crack issue that they started taking care of was a crack on the left side not the right, Almost all the reports I read about said it was the left.
    Though I remember seeing a few people with this problem too, just not enough for nintendo to change their policies I guess.

13. Akoji
    OP

Canada
    Well i have the LED part which has fell , and the i have a crack in the hinge on the left. And the Light thing from the gba slot.

14. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    I had the same thing happen to 2 Ds Lites now. Its a production error on ninty's part. Just push down on the led cover when you close your new one. Whats happening is the LED cover is getting the shat pulled out of it by the hinge. just push on the led cover when you close it and you won't see another R crack.

15. Akoji
    OP

Canada
    Nice to know if i get a new one haha

Thanks GexX2