Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
So, it all started around 2 weeks ago. I think it was July 1st was the first fucked up dream I had, by the way these all have nuclear war/fallout in them which is why its scaring me.

So the first dream was about my friend and I walking around a city and enjoying 4th of July and going into bars, hanging out with peeps and such. However, I had a strange sense that something was wrong, everything looked run down and everyone was so dismal looking and sounding. I soon realized during the dream that we were in nuclear war and it drastically changed the way we live, everyone was scared, some peoples homes were demolished or full of nuclear waste, so there was bums roaming the street we were in too. I am not saying it was bad dream because during the dream I just had fun hanging out with people, but certain parts of it were very dark and depressing feeling.

The next dream, I just woke up from it like 10 or 15 minutes ago. This one was worse, first as in the last one. We were already in some sort of nuclear war, as in the last one, everything was dark and dismal. I was texting people in the dream, and then I get a text from a friend that was basically telling me that she hates the shit out of me. I was like "what the fuck?!", so I go outside only to get held up by some crazy dude. He took all of our money from us and he said "If you want to live, you have to tell me some good games to play?" So he asked everyone (Me, my brother, his friend, and my friend), When it was my turn, I chatted with him about Mega Man 3 and a game called Ocean Blade for SNES (don't look it up, I already did, it doesn't exist). He was satisfied with everyone and as he started to go away, we see a big flash of light and water all over the place. I don't see my brother or his friend (I take it that they died) and all of a sudden it started to "snow" (nuclear winter). It suddenly gets very cold and my friend and I are the only ones around, somehow we get into this crazy hovercraft thing and we start driving and looking at the devistation that this nuclear bomb caused. It was pretty bad. Then I wake up in the dream the next morning, and look outside only to see it still raining nuclear ash. There are cars driving but everything is covered in nuclear ash, all the plants are dead and everything is just dark and dismal. Then I wake up again (thinking I am really woken up) look outside again and see that its still there, I freaked out and then actually woke up in real life.

I wouldn't say these are nightmares, because when I am having the dream its more like an adventure dream and I tend to have fun in it, however when I wake up and can't stop thinking about it and how dark and dismal it really is. Its weird.

What do you guys think?

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lol, dreams aren't meant to be thought about the morning after. Last nightmare I had, the strings on my guitar sounded really dull. That was the most god damn boring dream I've ever had. Which reminds me, I need to buy new guitar strings...

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anxiety is the key to dreams...

If you feel anxious in a dream you are repressing anxiety in your waking life...

Whatever emotion made you feel anxious in your dream is what you should remember...

A quick reading would suggest that you feel that something is missing from your life... that things are not the way that you think they "should be"...

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:

If you feel anxious in a dream you are repressing anxiety in your waking life...

Whatever emotion made you feel anxious in your dream is what you should remember...
+1

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think you have a very active imagination.
laugh.gif

I honestly wouldn't dwell too much on trying to interpret what your dreams mean or anything like that. You should try and lucid dream sometime, pretty fun, but difficult to enter that state. It has happened to me a few times.
happy.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NeSchn said:
I was like "what the fuck?!", so I go outside only to get held up by some crazy dude. He took all of our money from us and he said "If you want to live, you have to tell me some good games to play?" So he asked everyone (Me, my brother, his friend, and my friend), When it was my turn, I chatted with him about Mega Man 3 and a game called Ocean Blade for SNES

Go on a long holiday away from GBAtemp and do not play any games for a while. When you start to dream about GBAtemp and noobs asking for games to play, you need to get out of it for a while.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:

A quick reading would suggest that you feel that something is missing from your life... that things are not the way that you think they "should be"...
Hmm, I think was because I was scared as I went to bed last night maybe. I heard some crazy sounds in my house before I went to bed so thats what could have triggered it.

Edhel said:
I think you have a very active imagination.
laugh.gif

I honestly wouldn't dwell too much on trying to interpret what your dreams mean or anything like that. You should try and lucid dream sometime, pretty fun, but difficult to enter that state. It has happened to me a few times.
happy.gif

I have lucid dreamed once in my life and it was amazing. I can't seem to do it anymore :\

QUOTE(shaunj66 @ Jul 13 2009, 04:38 PM)
Eat some cheese before you go to sleep and you'll have some wicked dreams. Stronger the better
biggrin.gif
I just lol'd

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NeSchn said:
Hmm, I think was because I was scared as I went to bed last night maybe. I heard some crazy sounds in my house before I went to bed so thats what could have triggered it.

In Freudian Psychoanalysis, this is called resistance...

wink.gif

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
lol, I had a dream about Nuclear war too!

It was a while ago, but I remember standing outside my house, then looking up and seeing three "shooting stars"... in broad daylight! I somehow knew what they really were, so I quickly ran inside screaming "NUKES!!!", then as I went down cellar to my room, I looked out the window and saw three flashes of light to the North, and they turned into giant mushroom clouds.

What's funny about that is that there's nothing but countryside to the north... Korea needs to work on it's aim
tongue.gif

anyway, I went in my room and lied down on the floor, and when the shockwave passed it was weaker than I thought. I went back upstairs and it was raining radioactive rain, and my mom was standing on the deck like nothing was wrong....

Then last tnight I had a dream me and a group of people were running for our lives through the woods from a group of Trollocs (monsters from the Wheel of Time series). I gotta stop reading books so much
tongue.gif

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
unsure.gif
wtf.gif

I had a SOMEWHAT similar dream, back in March. Only:

-My Honors L.A. teacher led an underground refuge. it was freaking weird.
-There wasn't a hobo asking for games.
- No friends of mine died.

Back to your dream. There isn't anything wrong with you. you just might be a bit bored with life, and you just want to experience something new or thrilling. Who knows.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what else is creepy? Out of body Experiences/Sleep Paralysis. You should try it sometime, it's really freaky stuff...

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
You know what else is creepy? Out of body Experiences/Sleep Paralysis. You should try it sometime, it's really freaky stuff...
Is that like when you almost wake up, you're looking at your foot, and it moves without you controlling it? Cause that shit was cool.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Dreams almost always mean something. And I don't mean to say they're premonitions, or any such thing, but rather they reflect what you're actually feeling, regardless of if it's conscious or sub-conscious. After a particularly powerful dream that I can no longer recall, I looked up the meaning of each individual element in said dream on a dream interpretation website. Lo and behold every single element corresponded to state of mind that I had been experiencing of late. Dreams can be powerful things.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonicslasher said:
Nin10doFan said:
Is that like when you almost wake up, you're looking at your foot, and it moves without you controlling it? Cause that shit was cool.

Sort of.. It's when you try to put your body to sleep without bringing your conscious mind with it. When you finally reach that state, a lot of weird hallucinations appear and then when you 'leave' your body, there's like 1/5 the gravity and it feels very real. Pretty neat stuff.
tongue.gif

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Dreams almost always mean something. And I don't mean to say they're premonitions, or any such thing, but rather they reflect what you're actually feeling, regardless of if it's conscious or sub-conscious. After a particularly powerful dream that I can no longer recall, I looked up the meaning of each individual element in said dream on a dream interpretation website. Lo and behold every single element corresponded to state of mind that I had been experiencing of late. Dreams can be powerful things.
Hmmm, interesting. I should try out one of those sites.

Nin10doFan said:
Sonicslasher said:
QUOTE(Nin10doFan @ Jul 13 2009, 11:41 AM) You know what else is creepy? Out of body Experiences/Sleep Paralysis. You should try it sometime, it's really freaky stuff...

Sort of.. It's when you try to put your body to sleep without bringing your conscious mind with it. When you finally reach that state, a lot of weird hallucinations appear and then when you 'leave' your body, there's like 1/5 the gravity and it feels very real. Pretty neat stuff.
tongue.gif
What?! That never happens to me, when I have sleep paralysis I can't move a thing, there is a slight buzzing noise, everything is in black and white, and I feel a presence somewhere near me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety