My 3DS was stolen

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BraderPatam, Nov 5, 2016.

1. BraderPatam
    OP

BraderPatam Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    So here's the thing. My old3dsxl got stolen yesterday when i was commuting to work. Sigh. People this days.

So i'm planning to buy a new one and install arm9loader and luma. So i got a few question.

1) I've made backup for the SD card on my stolen 3DS. I've copied all the files in my stolen 3DS into my computer. Is it possible to salvage anything on it and use it in my new 3DS?

2) I've transferred some pokemon from my pokemon AS cartridge into the homebrew pokemon bank. Is it possible to get them back?

3) Can my old save file be used in my new3ds? Especially my mhgen save file. I've invested more 300 hours already in it.

thanks in advance.

2. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa AFF (Akiba Freedom Fighter)

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Akiba (Akihabara)
    if you have save backups via safedatafiller or jksv then yes you can use them

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you cant use your games and apps

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

about pkebnk i am not sure but i think theyre screwed (you cant use 1 acc on 2 3ds)

3. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    If you've made a nand xorpad, which most people have not, you can pretty much restore a nand backup on another console. You just lose your nnid.

Darkyose likes this.
  4. dudemo

dudemo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2016
    United States
    PIxelville
    Care to link how to do this? I'm interested in buying a new n3DS XL and I'd love to move my n3DS NAND and SD card over to it (basically cloning the system) if it's possible.

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    Your not going to state how to do this? This is info a lot of people should know about

XRaTiX, WeedZ, Xiphiidae and 3 others like this.
  6. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    Isn't it true that the contents of CTRNAND are console-specific?

There are options in decrypt9 for XORPADs such as the NCCH, FIRM0/1, CTRNAND, and TWLNAND regions of the SD. It's probably that.

If you're only interested in moving SD card content between the two systems, changing the moveable.sed and reinstalling the tickets should work as well.

7. dudemo

dudemo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2016
    United States
    PIxelville
    No, I'd like for them to be identical consoles that I can swap NANDs between at will. I don't know why, but I think it would be pretty cool and also leave me with less NAND backups as I can use one for each. I already have a 9.2 stock NAND for my n3DS. I'd likely make one for my XL also, so I'd have a console specific backup for each just in case.

If it could be done, I would think that'd be in "The Bible" (Plailect's guide), but it isn't. If it was able to be done, I would think we would have everyone making XORPADs so that any NAND would unbrick anyone. This isn't being done, so I think the movable.sed option is the best we can do right now.

8. runetoonxx2

runetoonxx2 GBATemp's Cancer

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    The GBATemp
    I stole it .............. Sry

Quantumcat likes this.
  9. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    For hardmod unbricking, ideally you could just keep a single full nand backup with a9lh installed per device, then from there you can use d9 to restore ctrnand/ctrtransfer etc.

10. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    i actually dont know sorry, i just know that it exists. Sorry to give off the impression i know more than i do. Im assuming it means the ctrnand padgen option in decrypt9, as this is the description:
    • CTRNAND Padgen: This generates a XORpad for the CTRNAND partition inside your 3DS console flash memory. Use this with a NAND (SysNAND/EmuNAND) dump from your console and 3DSFAT16Tool to decrypt and re-encrypt the CTRNAND partition on PC. This is useful for any modification you might want to do to the main file system of your 3DS.
    EDIT: looking closer, it might actually be this instead.

• SD Padgen (SysNAND): This is basically an improved version of the above feature. For typical users, there are two folders in '/Nintendo 3DS/' on the SD card, one belonging to the SysNAND, the other to EmuNAND. This feature will generate XORpads for encrypted content inside the folder belonging to the SysNAND. It won't touch your SysNAND, thus it is not a danegrous feature. A folder selection prompt will allow you to specify exactly the XORpads you want to be generated. Generating all of them at once is not recommended, because this can lead to several GBs of data and very long processing time.
    Either way, if you didnt make one before you lost the 3ds you're screwed. Sorry.

Last edited by Giodude, Nov 5, 2016
  11. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    please enlighten me: why are those XORpads "several GBs of data"?

12. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    they do that

13. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    so XORpads are huge GB files that can clone a 3DS to another 3DS by changing how the encryption is handled?

14. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    pretty much

15. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    and I have to do that for SysNand and emunand?

16. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    you have to do it on the 3ds it was backed up on

17. dudemo

dudemo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2016
    United States
    PIxelville
    I must admit that this is above my head and probably far too advanced for most users. It also appears to be time consuming, inconvenient, and the NAND still needs modified after they're generated. This just allows you to decrypt, modify, and reencrypt the NAND successfully.

I understand now, why this isn't being done.

18. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    on my original (not stolen) 3DS just in case it gets lost...

and I need those XORpads from my EmuNAND and Sysnand? I only used them when I needed to convert a .3ds file into a .cia file. but I guess thats a different story, right?

19. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    it's really only for transferring from one system to another. I'd just reccomend generating the xorpads and putting them on ur pc just in case something happens. Sysnand and emunand are the same console, but if they are unlinked you could use this to link them again

Last edited by Giodude, Nov 5, 2016
  20. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    but I cannot use the XORpads to restore my EmuNAND (that is where I have my games/saves...) to another console just in case my 3DS dies?