Homebrew My 3DS was stolen

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
install 3dsafe on your new console, so if it ever gets stolen at least it's useless to the little fecker :P

but yeah check in you back ups if you have a movable.sed file, this is what you can use to recover all your saves , if you followed the a9lh guide it should have been dumped at one point into the files9 folder on your SD, so if you have a backup of your SD card look there first

pretty sure decrypt9 can just import the movable.sed from a different console to make this guide redundant, but if not, this is the long winded version (skip all the xorpad generation and nand decryption steps and go directly to modifying and importing the donor file)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have the serial number of that 3DS written down, you can call Nintendo, tell them the old serial number and the new serial number and they'll transfer the account for you!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If you have the serial number of that 3DS written down, you can call Nintendo, tell them the old serial number and the new serial number and they'll transfer the account for you!
that would recover his NNID and purchases but he would still loose all his saves etc as they just transfer the NNID over, they don't have backups of your saves or movable.sed

he could probably also do this with just his NNID/email address too

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
that would recover his NNID and purchases but he would still loose all his saves etc as they just transfer the NNID over, they don't have backups of your saves or movable.sed
True but ownership of the games is an important step, restoring the saves is easy enough with the homebrew menu if you already have them backed up!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
True but ownership of the games is an important step, restoring the saves is easy enough with the homebrew menu if you already have them backed up!
yeah it just came across that he was more concerned with finding a way to recover his saves, but ofc getting his NNID should be done too

he also hasn't clarified if he has a dump made with a proper save dumping tool or just a backup of his SD card contents, if he made the backup with a proper tool he should be good to go (minus progress lost since the last backup)

BraderPatam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice guys. Too bad i'm not that advanced and tech savvy so i dont know about this xorpads stuff. However i did extract my mhgen savefile to edit some charm once with savedatafiler. So i guess i still can use that right? Too bad for my other games and pokemons in my pokemon bank.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's the thing. My old3dsxl got stolen yesterday when i was commuting to work. Sigh. People this days.

So i'm planning to buy a new one and install arm9loader and luma. So i got a few question.

1) I've made backup for the SD card on my stolen 3DS. I've copied all the files in my stolen 3DS into my computer. Is it possible to salvage anything on it and use it in my new 3DS?

2) I've transferred some pokemon from my pokemon AS cartridge into the homebrew pokemon bank. Is it possible to get them back?

3) Can my old save file be used in my new3ds? Especially my mhgen save file. I've invested more 300 hours already in it.

thanks in advance.
If you have a nand dump, yes you can salvage everything at once, no matter how old the dump is

Last edited by Sketchy1,

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My old console ended bricked, with a bad hardmod. I recovered everything from my emuNAND because i had a "nand.fat16.bin" backup. But, there isnt another way.

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's the thing. My old3dsxl got stolen yesterday when i was commuting to work. Sigh. People this days.

So i'm planning to buy a new one and install arm9loader and luma. So i got a few question.

1) I've made backup for the SD card on my stolen 3DS. I've copied all the files in my stolen 3DS into my computer. Is it possible to salvage anything on it and use it in my new 3DS?

2) I've transferred some pokemon from my pokemon AS cartridge into the homebrew pokemon bank. Is it possible to get them back?

3) Can my old save file be used in my new3ds? Especially my mhgen save file. I've invested more 300 hours already in it.

thanks in advance.
im so sorry about your 3ds man :/ but nintendo has said that this black Friday they will be selling a new 3ds for only $99 in retail so maybe you should wait till black friday my gamestop said they will be open at 5am on black friday so i would ask your local gamestop or anywhere else that sells console if they will have this deal

BraderPatam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah it's okay dude. That black friday deal is really good. Unfortunately i dont live in America to buy it. Btw i already bought a new3ds and i already recovered my Mhgen save data since i had made a backup with JKSV. So it's all good to me. For my lost pokemon in Pokemon bank well, we still got PkHex. lol

im so sorry about your 3ds man :/ but nintendo has said that this black Friday they will be selling a new 3ds for only $99 in retail so maybe you should wait till black friday my gamestop said they will be open at 5am on black friday so i would ask your local gamestop or anywhere else that sells console if they will have this deal

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) You can use everything on the old SD card, besides the "Nintendo 3DS" folder. That is encrypted to your specific NAND and can't be used. It contains all installed game data, saves, home menu info, etc.

2) Yes. Pokemon Bank homebrew is not encypted, and will work on any console.

3) If you backed it up with JKSM or something, yes. Otherwise, no.

Aslo, consider this for your next system. If a thief steals it again, it will basically be a brick to him, or if you lose it, you can have it display your contact info so it can be returned.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3dsafe-in-nand-pin-lock-for-3ds.440832/

EDIT: Apparently there is a way to restore the nintendo 3ds folder if you have your xorpads dumped, although I have NO CLUE how to do so (restore, I know how to dump them) and no one I ask seems to know either. If anyone does know how to restore that folder with xorpads, please elaborate here or link a guide, it would be much appreciated!

EDIT 2: Just found you can decrypt the folder using Decrypt9WIP. Same program used to dump the xorpads. Still not sure of the step-by-step on how to do it.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte