Hacking My 3ds is version 1.1.0-1u and.....

shinto1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I just bought donkey kong country returns 3d since I read a post on here
---http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-games-come-bundled-with-update-4-5-0.351084/#post-4707212---
that had a list of 3ds games that would allow me to update my 3ds to v4.5 for gateway but I am a little worried because when I click on the game it shows the message "A system update is require to use this software. Update now?". For some reason it does not show what version I will be updating to like this
http://i.imgur.com/brrlvRV.jpg

I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys to resolve this issue. If it helps, I enabled parental controls, turned off the wireless, and the donkey kong game id is :CTR P AYTE USA. My 3ds is also NTSC-U.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my 3DS to 4.5 with that same game. I was on 4.3 originally. If I remember correctly, you have to tap Yes and another screen will come up that tells you what firmware version it'll update you to, and you'll have to confirm on that second screen whether or not you really wish to update. You can also use Pong20302000's 3DS Releases page (http://3ds.essh.co/) to see the firmware that comes with each game. According to that page, both the US and EU versions ship with 4.5, so you should be good if it's asking you to update using the update within the cartridge.

Just make sure that you're not getting the update nag when you don't have DKCR3D in the 3DS. If this is the case, don't update! You might have downloaded the 6.3 update when you took your 3DS online. The only way to get around it if this is the case is to format your 3DS, never take it online (just to be on the safe side), and only update using DKCR3D.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends, do you get the nag to update when you don't have DKCR3D in the 3DS? It would normally pop up once a day at least.

If you do, then yes, format. If you don't, then no need to format.

shinto1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Nevermind I just successfully updated to 4.5 a few minutues ago! I was actually waiting for a reply from you before I updated then I just decided to update it instead of waiting but then I saw that you just replied so I quickly turned off the system before the update was complete, then I read your post and I didn't need to format the memory. I was scared for a second that maybe my 3ds would magically jump up to 6.3 or something, but everything turned out fine. Thanks!:grog:

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Nevermind I just successfully updated to 4.5 a few minutues ago! I was actually waiting for a reply from you before I updated then I just decided to update it instead of waiting but then I saw that you just replied so I quickly turned off the system before the update was complete, then I read your post and I didn't need to format the memory. I was scared for a second that maybe my 3ds would magically jump up to 6.3 or something, but everything turned out fine. Thanks!:grog:

NOOOO! you made a big! big! mistake a 3ds in version below 2.0 is worth like 4x the price of one over it XD

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Why should it be worth 4x the price? We have our DS User settings and our kernel exploit on 4.5.X so we don't need a 3DS with an older firmware any more.

Firsr, its fun experimenting with, second i would pay 4x the price for a 3DS under 2.0 (best would be 1.0 XD )

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why would you ever turn a system off while it's updating? That's a damn good way to end up with a bricked system. Did you not see the warning that says "Do not turn off the system while the update is in progress?"

Reactions: kalimero and filfat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro