biggrin.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There are programs that do that. You open a picture, and the program remakes it as a mosaic of smaller pictures (you can provide the smaller pictures too). This was done with an array of 32 by 31 pictures. All the guy had to do was rename the pictures so that when you zoom out enough to see 32 columns of photos, you get a girl's face. And I think the program also does that automatically.

Yeah yeah, I'm belittling his achievements. Bad me.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
There are programs that do that. You open a picture, and the program remakes it as a mosaic of smaller pictures (you can provide the smaller pictures too). This was done with an array of 32 by 31 pictures. All the guy had to do was rename the pictures so that when you zoom out enough to see 32 columns of photos, you get a girl's face. And I think the program also does that automatically.

Yeah yeah, I'm belittling his achievements. Bad me.

You're probably right, there's plenty of ways to do this mosaic effect. For example http://www.madeofjapan.com the site builds up a unique collage style image of its latest shoe design, the Onitisuka Tiger, by analysing the colour of scaled thumbnail images from 150 japanese-related weblogs every hour. The shoe floats almost with an organic-like quality on the page, while updating itself depending on its user interaction.

Still nice seeing this effect on a Wii though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag