Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Need help with these questions...

1. Who Created Maracas Native Indians of Puerto Rico
2. When they first originated (Maybe where too) South America
3. What is it made up of Dried Gourd Shells, Wood and Dried Seeds/Beans or Beads.
4. How they make maracas Cut off stem of Gourd Shell, Let it Dry in special climate, put dried seeds into gourd hole then cover the hole with wood in the shape of a handle. Sometimes are painted for attraction.
5. How to use maracas (Know this) You shake them.
6. Musical Family from (Know this) Percussion Family
7. Definition a gourd or a gourd-shaped rattle filled with seeds or pebbles and used, often in a pair, as a rhythm instrument. (Credits to Dictionary.com)

Help xDD

EDIT: Now anything I am missing? I just need at least one interesting fact and I guess that would be why it is part of the percussion family.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ Ultra ~ Not much info...

@ Dark ~ Sometimes, I am so lazy. I am half way done it. So now, all I am worrying about is getting a Level 4 on this. It should be simple, but trying to get as detailed as possible since my work is just half a page long. And trying to get it to the max of a page so I have a chance of getting a level 4.

Found this site, very useful: Maracas Info Site

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't really care much if this is going to be a double-post, but I just have to.

Does anyone know why maracas are in the Percussion family of instruments? That is what it says on my sheet and don't know why...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Splych said:
Does anyone know why maracas are in the Percussion family of instruments? That is what it says on my sheet and don't know why...
*Blinks*
Oh come on it sounds kind of obvious, you do know what a Percussion instrument is, right?
(Either that or it's a really badly worded question)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have no idea what percussion meant. I am just guessing it has something to do with rattling, shaking or hitting since most instruments in the family are like that. Maracas, triangle, tambourine...? What else?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
You wanted horns maybe?

Don't forget to reference Frank Zappa's masterpiece in your report. Skip to 1:03 if you need clarification.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q