loserkidsblink18

OP
Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
As others of you unfortunate enough to not have an external hard drive on your hands (likes yours truly), you may have found out that you can't partition SD cards through Windows, and if you partition them OUTSIDE of Windows (via Linux, or GParted), Windows will only read the first partition. I've been playing with my 8 gig SDHC card for the longest time and it's been giving me nothing but trouble.

I stumbled across this solution though, that's pretty popular with folks for using multiple partions on SD/microSD cards and USB Flash Drives.

Replacing the sd card/usb flash driver with a Hitachi Microdrive driver will allow your computer to view your cards as an external hard drive, allowing you to partition and access them with no trouble, allowing you to have a WBFS partition and another NTFS or FAT partition for your applications and Wii channels.

Here's the driver for download.

Instructions:

1- download the required files
2- open windows devices manager
3- under disk drives, check for the devices that corresponds with your sd cardin my case:
SanDisk SDDR 113
4- open regedit and search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USBST OR
5- check for the row that corresponds with your sd card device. in my case:
Disk&Ven_SanDisk&Prod_SDDR-113&Rev_1.00
6- select that row and hit f2 to "edit" it. actually just copy the string
7- copy and save the string into notepad
8- unzip the driver.zip package and look for the file called:
cfadisk.inf
9- open it with notepad and search for a line that begins with:
%Microdrive_devdesc% = cfadisk_install
10- replace the string that precedes it with the string you just copied so that it looks like this (remember to add "USBSTOR\" in between. The end result should look like this:
%Microdrive_devdesc% = cfadisk_install,USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_SanDisk&Prod_SDDR-113&Rev_1.00
11- now go back to device manager, select the sd card and select properties.
12- go the the drivers tab and click update drivers.
13- select to manually search for the driver and direct it to the path where it is stored.
14- continue and finalize (if windows recommends to use the default or complains about not being able to verify the drivers just ignore and continue.
15- reboot is not necessary but is always good to do when working with drivers.

yay.gif
Success!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-