Hacking Multiple card users: what's your main and why?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
OP
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Thought it might be interesting to get a discussion going for people who own and use more than one flash card, just for the sake of getting some insights from other users. So I'll get right into it.

Owned flash cards: EZ-Flash V, Acekard 2
Main: Acekard 2

I got my EZ-Flash V prior to my Acekard 2, as my first flash card. While I did do a bunch of research, I have a tendency to side with the underdog, so I went with the EZ-V over other options like the CycloDS Evolution. My main requirement for my SLOT-1 card was compatibility with the 3-in-1, since I intended on playing a lot of GBA games and didn't want to have to whip out GBAExpLoader every time I wanted to write one. I was pretty happy with my EZ-V, but the occasional compatibility issue turned me off a bit (eg. Guitar Hero: On Tour to this day crashes with soft reset enabled) and the ridiculously cheap price and excellent support by the AKAIO team made the Acekard 2 look very attractive. I picked one up and transferred most of my ROMs to it and it pretty much immediately became my main. How could it not? Practically everything works perfectly first try. I still use my EZ-V for any games where it's convenient to have real-time save or in-game guide, and for the sake of keeping my microSD neat, I run most of my homebrew from the EZ-V, while the Acekard 2 is my dedicated piracy device. When the wife decided she wanted in on the action, I splashed out and got her a Cyclo, which she seems happy with, even if she rarely uses its advanced features. Personally, though, I'm quite fond of my EZ-V/AK2 combo.

How about you guys?

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
I use two cards, a DSTT and an EDGE.

I had the DSTT first since it came with the DSphat I bought, but I got sick of its lack of the necessary features like the arranging of games so I got the EDGE. I now mainly use EDGE, but when FW 1.43 was released, I often got problems with creating save files so I use my DSTT to just create save files and use it for my EDGE.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the M3 DS Real and Datel's Game & Music, but I use the M3 because the Datel DS card slot's lock broke.
frown.gif

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got an R4, M3 DS Real and the EZ 3-1. Between the two cards I don't think there's many games I can't play. It's a great having two cards.

opiomi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Own (order of purchase)
dsx - piece of crap, I bought it when it first came out.
cyclods micro (supercard sd firmware) - it's in my ds but i rarely use it.
r4 - haven't used it since i bought the evo. it's just to much work to play the new games
cyclods evolution - plays every game i need it to and all the extra features are nice.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I own:
Acekard 2
EDGE

my main is the Acekard 2, it is a good card, what with the AKAIO firmware, especially for the more "tinkering" types like me. AKAIO has great compatibility with the 3-in-1, and lets you choose what loader to use. however, having said that, you need to be able to do that as a few games have issues with different loaders.

the EDGE card is what my Mum uses, and is IMO the best card for non technically minded individuals, it "just works" better than the AK2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1