Multiple 360s In One House

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by WildWon, Feb 6, 2009.

Feb 6, 2009

Multiple 360s In One House by WildWon at 3:20 PM (750 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Moving to a Geek flat in April. Five geeks will be living there. Each of us will have a 360 (one in each bedroom and one in the living room... 5 total). We will all have Live going. Is there some way to allocate our profiles so that we can all have access to our individual Xboxes AND have profiles on the livingroom x-box? That way, we have our own in each room, but on RockBand/Party Game nights, we can just hop into the livingroom and play til our hearts are content?

I know about Account Recovery, but that takes too long (well, most times i've done it in the past, it takes a while), and i know about the Memory Card thing (which is an option, but if theres a MC-less way, i'd prefer that), but i'm looking for a Multiple Systems In One House kinda thing.

I've done minor Google searching, but it turns up router problems more than a way to have multiple accts on multiple systems in one location.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

2. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Why not just swap the HDD's about, it would be the easiest way probably, and you lot wouldnt need to spend extra cash on a load of overpriced memory cards.

3. WildWon
    OP

United States
    That problem arises with 4 of us hopping onto the livingroom system to play Rockband 2, and we all want to log in for our scores. Only 1 HD is an option.... you see the problem?

I didn't know if there was a hidden option or setup for allowing multiple systems be interconnected in one house.

4. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Hmm in that case memory cards may be your only option, I heard if you use the "recover gamertag" option you could potentially lose all your saved games and stuff.

As for the having multiple systems on one network, I dont think the 360's would be able to "see" each other, I know they wont be able to share data, profiles, gamerscores etc.

Even if they are on the same network they have to connect together over live.

5. WildWon
    OP

United States
    Which they WILL be connected together via live. Its just that i don't want to have to "recover" all the time. And hell, at that point, even if we get 5 memory cards... there's only 2 slots per system... *grumble*

Looks like this is a job for...
    Major Nelson! Lets see what he'll say! (or mebbe the official 360 forums... but thats all horse-pucky to me [​IMG])