Multi-boot Gamecube Game Disk

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiimii, Aug 16, 2007.

Aug 16, 2007

Multi-boot Gamecube Game Disk by wiimii at 8:21 PM (1,398 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. wiimii
    OP

Member wiimii GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    hi all hope someone can help i am trying to make a multiboot disk with mario sunshine, mario kart , super smash bros melee, and metroid prime on one image however , when i create the multi disk image i try to burn it and it say s unsupported image type, i dont know if this is because the image GCMUTILITY 0.5 projects is 4.00 GB (4,294,975,013 bytes) not

Nintendo Wii ISO size: 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes).

Nintendo Gamecube ISO size: 1.35 GB (1,459,978,240 bytes)

im not really clear on this but i tried searching and found nothing really matching up with my problem ..

also i have tried shrinking the game images separatly before making a multi boot iso out of them , same results also unsupported image type? anyone care to offer a helping hand , using IMGBURN software . tried the process 4 times and still same results ,

thanks wiimii

edit: does it have to be under 1.35 gig size? help

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    the size doesn't matter with these. the max gc iso size was for the old gamecube, not the wii.
    and just burn the image with imgburn it recognizes it just fine [​IMG]

3. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom

i tried burning the image with imgburn as i said ? but it says unsupported file size? WTF ?
    what am i doing wrong,

edit . do you know when it asks you to save the file type as when shrinking images . do i have to type .iso at the end of the file or leave it as mario for example as it makes a .gcm file i tried doing it this way and typing .iso at the end?

does anyone know where i can get software which will tell me the region of the gamecube iso,s i have ?

thanks in advance

4. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    you should use gcos v3 instead of GCMUTILITY 0.5

Shrink gc games with gcmutility and compile files with gcosv3.

ps. you can change .gcm to iso. whenever you want. Just rename it.

5. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks alot mate ill try it,

edit : tried that but when i double click the ms-dos file (make-multiv3) a black ms dos box pops up then emediately closes itself ? how come that is??

6. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    that's because you didn't read the readme [​IMG] it's a command u have to run in a doxbos (start -> run -> cmd)