Hacking MT Card love?

BerT6801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I have been using mt card for some time now...loving it. But starting to see the need of newer emuNand for newer releases. So why can I not find any newer support for MT? Its like it dropped off. From reading I see that using the emunand for Gateway cards just won't work, Is this correct. Making sure I don't brick anything.

So am I forced to buy a newer card, like the DS Two Plus. Or current Gateway? Or is there still life for this card. My 3DSxl is currently on 4.4.0-10U sysnand... and MT3D 9.3.0-21U EmuNand

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody is stupid enough to buy thease overpriced chinese drm devices at this point, so the devs no longer have a reason to support them. The community won't give unofficial support either, because there are way better alternatives such as those linked previously.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
MT card is better for converting .sav into SaveDataFiler format.
But to help someone convert .sav files with MT, you need more preparations to build a restrictive operating system to run MT properly.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The problem is that it was a clone of Gateway to begin with (albeit with their own new features), and clone companies tend to stop supporting their cards once they stop being profitable. Support for the card has long since disappeared.

At this point, you probably are better off switching to A9LH as your MT isn't going to get support anymore.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Last edited by sj33,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
MT-card users can upgrade EmuNAND by installing system CIAs with BigBlueMenu - EXCEPT menu, mint, mset, tiger 4 titles.

But as I said above, MT-card's best and only profit is converting .sav files into SaveDataFiler format.
If you don't help someone to convert .sav files, then give up using MT, learn how to make A9LH.

BerT6801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW...didn't' realize this post had this many hits already. Nice to see activity. Seems like the scene is dead on the newer consoles (ps4/xbone).... I will do some reading on all this...thanks everyone

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's not really 'dead' on the PS4 or Xbox One, those respective scenes haven't even started yet.

All the activity right now is on the Wii U, 3DS, Vita, and PS3.

Reactions: Zidapi

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so I have been using mt card for some time now...loving it. But starting to see the need of newer emuNand for newer releases. So why can I not find any newer support for MT? Its like it dropped off.
The MT dev team went silent in December 2014 and haven't been heard from since.

BerT6801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, I got it

so I went the a9lhax route...everything is going perfect. Until I hit this. When it tells me to select the INJECT option and select the FBI files for my region. It won't let me. The FBI files are there but it litterally will only let me select the "health&Safety Dump" that i created in the last step. I have tried renaming all *.app files involved and it just keeps grabbing the backup and will not me select otherwise. Ideas anyone?

Section IV - Injecting FBI
  1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
  2. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “Health&Safety Dump” option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  3. Press (B), then select the “Health&Safety Inject” option
  4. Select the FBI injectable .app for your region
  5. Press (A) and confirm to inject
  6. Press (Start) to reboot

Last edited by BerT6801,

BerT6801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok....got it all up and running. I know you all are somewhat against bootcards, but installing CIA's seems annoying slow and having to convert is a process too. Any way I can load a emunand to boot from for my MTcard to work from? Just for all the saves I already have? I read all the different modes you can boot from with a9lh. So I was wondering can one of them be my MT3D 9.3.0-21U to make my Card work? I can't seem to find a way to do this. I do find it interesting that since I loaded a9lh, my OLD acekard2i now works again even on the newer firmware. So score on that one!

Ygreck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cia installation seems slow but if you take a look at freestore you forget your card very fast

But if you update your sysnand you can still use your old emunand your card

BerT6801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cia installation seems slow but if you take a look at freestore you forget your card very fast

But if you update your sysnand you can still use your old emunand your card

Well your not wrong, After getting "freeShop" I now see the light, however I didn't know of its existance until you mentioned it. Any other must haves for this newly modded system?

BerT6801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I want to say thankyou for the guide to get cfw up and running...this sh&*&* is the bomb. however I know you can boot different nands. I want to be able to boot into MT3D 9.3.0-21U or similar so my MT card will function. I have a few gamesaves I have a lot of work in. Is this possible? Seems like it would but this is kinda specific.

pluto63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Don't want to hijack the thread but also be interested if the is a way to still use mt card since I do not have the time to convert the saves and tbh not sure if can be done anymore. Thank you all.

Reactions: BerT6801

pluto63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
MT card is a gateway clone, so it uses a hidden partition on the sd card to boot the emunand using the 'system profile' trigger to load launcher.dat with frontend software, it should be at firmware version 9.0.3 last one before they drop support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC. +1