Hacking MT Card Firmware v1.4

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Or use the gateway 2.2 launcher.dat to dump your own carts instead of having to use shared cart ID's;..........but afaik MT was telling people to use the New cart dumper,unless that's what they meant.........use gateway's cart dumping tool

DarkKnightPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ive just tried to update from 1.4 to 1.3 it gaves me an error and doesnt let me install 1.3. just stay at 1.3 for now unless you want to play online

Termeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty new to the 3ds homebrew/flash cart thing but since updating to 1.4, My 3DS XL does not recognise any of the games on the microSD card. It seems as though I can't play any roms now.

Edit: Nevermind, seems to be not reading Pokemon Y at all anymore. When I hit the button it'd show Pokemon Y. Was never playable, but now it stops browing my games when it get to Pokemon now.

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried out the 1.4 firmware, and everything works fine. Tested Pokemon and Mario Kart online and they worked!. Only issue I had so far was when I closed my 3DS on the main menu on EmuNand and when I opened it took about 15 seconds for it to turn from a black screen to the menu.

DarkKnightPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
im going to try to dump my pokemon x card with gateway launcher. you´ve renamed the rom with .3dz right? do i need to have emunand with 7.2 firmware to play online?

Edit: Same problem i guess i might need to get a new class10 msdhc

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do not have to have 7.2 but you do have to have the latest Pokémon patch from the eShop (1.2 AFIK). If you have that then you can play online.

Also try to find a microSD that does about 12mbit+ write speed (some class 10 only do 9ish, and I have had class 6 that did 10+........the standard is shit IMO). If you can find a class 10 that does 12+ you will have no problems with MT-card...again that has been my experience after trying a lot of different cards with both MT and gateway. I am using a Toshiba 16gb class 10 I got cheap from Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820168077 with my MT and then using a Samsung 32gb Class 10 (also cheap from newegg) with my GW.

Termeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To get Pokemon working on the MT Card 1.4, Would I have to update my emunand? That's currently not been touched and am going to update it. The strange thing is with the MT card not recognizing Pokemon at all now.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To get Pokemon working on the MT Card 1.4, Would I have to update my emunand? That's currently not been touched and am going to update it. The strange thing is with the MT card not recognizing Pokemon at all now.
That shouldn't matter. Try a bunch of different microSD cards if you have them, according to some above you that may cause issues.

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do not have to have 7.2 but you do have to have the latest Pokémon patch from the eShop (1.2 AFIK). If you have that then you can play online.

Also try to find a microSD that does about 12mbit+ write speed (some class 10 only do 9ish, and I have had class 6 that did 10+........the standard is shit IMO). If you can find a class 10 that does 12+ you will have no problems with MT-card...again that has been my experience after trying a lot of different cards with both MT and gateway. I am using a Toshiba 16gb class 10 I got cheap from Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820168077 with my MT and then using a Samsung 32gb Class 10 (also cheap from newegg) with my GW.
I'm using a class 4 16GB MicoSD from Kingston. Works fine with Pokemon and the rest of my games.

Termeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That shouldn't matter. Try a bunch of different microSD cards if you have them, according to some above you that may cause issues.

The only thing that is kind of weirding me out, is the fact that it used to recognize pokemon until I update to MT card 1.4?

Also: I'm trying to update my MT-3D firmware but it keeps hitting a brick wall when I hit system update. It connects and then when it goes to update it says an error has occurred and restarts. I've booted it up and formatted the NAND before it. I don't know where I'm goin' wrong.

DarkKnightPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i think mt card only allow's you to update and doesn't let you downgrade to a previous version, cause I also tried to go back to 1.3 and without sucess

DarkKnightPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
goodmorning guys i bring you good news, just bought micro sdhc kingstone 32GB class 10 and now Pokemon X, Y and Animal Cross New leaf shows in menu and boots fine without issues :D

Thanks everyone and have a nice day

Reactions: Veho

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but what write speeds do you get when you copy your roms from your PC to your Kingston Class4 card? I bet it is 10mbit per sec or more. Which is why I said in an earlier post the class rating system is bunk and really only establishes a minimum baseline. I have a class 4 Lexar 16gb microSD and it works fine with MT but has a write speed of 10+mbit....most class4 perform at 3.5-5.5mbit write speed...but occasionally.....you get a winner. I have lots of 4gb cards that are class 2 and 4 and have write speeds in the 9s.

Check that write speed and I bet it is closer to 10 than 4mbit.......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU