m-dog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok this is the problem,

a friend of mine send me a link that said ''thats a picture of you'' and so i clickd on it (i know im a dumbas)and now i have a problem .
If i am on msn it jams my mouse and then it send the same (virus)messege to my online friends.
Does anyone know how to fix this.
unsure.gif

If you guys could help me i would owe you for life time!

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a Virus.
Anyways, Pidgin and Miranda work as if they were MSN itself. Except no custom emoticons.

Fix your virus.

m-dog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah i want to but i dont know how
unsure.gif

Im not good with virruses..
Anyone know how to fix this?....
frown.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
web msn,meebo,ebuddy web based chat clients, miranda im,trillian, etc etc alternative multi messenger clients .. other ideas are dont accept any files at all!

if a friend wants to send you something get them to send it via email!

dont accept files from complete strangers either .. dont open any files without scanning them first!

scan regular with antivirus programs anti spyware programs etc and keep them updated DAILY!

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scan your system with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then Spybot. Those should hopefully clear everything, unless it's a pretty nasty virus.
You could try doing another scan after those to check that there's nothing else lying around using Kasperskys online scanner. This one will only detect viruses and won't fix them, so you'll need to google to find out how to fix any more viruses it picks up.

Using another IM client probably wouldn't have stopped you picking up this virus, but would have stopped it from sending the links to other friends.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-