Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XBW95.talking.kinect1--article_image.jpg

Micrsoft's Kudo Tsunoda believes that Kinect will 'blow away' sales of the iPad when it launches later this year.

"The preorders have been really strong. As far as what we're looking at for Holiday, this is going to be stuff that'll blow away any of the sales you've seen with iPad," Tsunoda told Gamasutra. "The Xbox 360 is already selling better than the Wii and Sony right now. Kinect's really just going to boost that to a whole new level."

Apple's iPad has enjoyed phenomenal success since its launch on April 2, shifting some three million units in just 80 days.

Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg is also expecting similar levels of success, saying recently "We believe this will be the biggest launch in our history, for Xbox. We will sell more Kinect sensors than we did [systems] at Xbox 360 launch."

Kinect launches worldwide this November. [/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I'd like to present a skit I call "Microsoft at the board room". Names are random.

"Jeff, we need a statement about how well the Kinect will sell".

"It'll sell a lot! We need a comparison!"

"More than the Wii?"

"Fuck no."

"More than the Move?"

"Pff, no."

"More than the iPod Touch or iPhone?"

"...No."

"More than the iPad?"

"Um, I hope. Let's use that!"

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so m$ knows this won't outsell the wii or even the move so they decide to pick on the ipad instead.........................................................................
................................................................................

laugh.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl.gif
coolface.jpg

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Most of the people I know are waiting to see how these things pan out, see what sort of games they get before investing. I don't know anyone who will be buying them on launch. Although having said that my old man normally buys the latest hardware for no good reason. Such as the 360 slim sat downstairs he got the other day when there was nothing wrong with our old 360.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, and I'm wondering if they will be actual sales to real end user customers they will be counting, or if they will just be counting a 'sale' as being to a distributor like Walmart or Gamestop that is going to just stock the shelves with 2-3 at every store, that will then still sit there unused.

If they can go detect how many xboxes have been hacked to pirate, then I imagine they can also detect how many actually have a Kinect attached. But I doubt they would release those numbers.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MS ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME?
rolleyes.gif

I'll say this.... Kinect will easily outsell the Playstation Move. I covered the only midnight launch in my city last night for a marketing research firm and there were 4 people at the event. FOUR. And this is in the biggest city in America.

Still, Kinect is a piece of shit and it simply does not work well at all. Move and Kinect are both going to be collossal failures.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
SonicRax said:
Wait what... the iPad? What an obscure comparison to make. ._.
ikr?

Move idea is base of the wii controllers...

Which is a big part of the reason why it has failed. People will see it and think "so it's just like they Wii." Then they'll turn 360 degrees and walk away.

But seriously, only one midnight launch in the biggest city in America and only FOUR people turn out.

Move is already a failure.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Cablephish said:
iPad and Kinect are two completely different things, why do they care about comparing it to iPad of all things?

Precisely! Why trash talk about a more-or-less unrelated Apple product, instead of the products it's directly competing with? Microsoft has always been bad at boasting, but the sheer irrelevance of this credulous statement is certainly a new bar for them.
tongue.gif

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since when is the xbox selling more than the Wii right now? Idk were he got his numbers but the Wii has sol millions more than Xbox or PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo