LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm done using M Player wii for the time being
frown.gif
I'm using the version that supports reading video files off of data DVD's but It only picks up on a few of my DVD's (and they're all burned the same), DVD with folders, it wont pick up so all of my Disc with multiple feature length movies, I cant watch and it's wonky on AVI files
frown.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I'm done using M Player wii for the time being I'm using the version that supports reading video files off of data DVD's but It only picks up on a few of my DVD's (and they're all burned the same), DVD with folders, it wont pick up so all of my Disc with multiple feature length movies, I cant watch and it's wonky on AVI files

Hmm when i gave mplayerwii a good test, played my divx perfect, forwarded many times to try make it crash and it didn't, so pretty good, yeah it can't play files which are in folder on DVD, through Samba it can browse folders, but never mind:)

J

jadaramiro

so what i am understanding is that this program cannot play retail dvds that you would buy in a store for example??? Those are the type of dvds i also make and in chinatown i get pirates as well and some are not region free as well. Can this Mplayer ovecome all of this or should i stick to using a regular dvd player???

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
so what i am understanding is that this program cannot play retail dvds that you would buy in a store for example??? Those are the type of dvds i also make and in chinatown i get pirates as well and some are not region free as well. Can this Mplayer ovecome all of this or should i stick to using a regular dvd player???

MplayerWii can play DATA DIVX DVD only
MPlayerDVDLIBEDITION can play DVD Video files...so you can use that search wiibrew.org

been honest playing DVD Originals or copies?? go use your regular dvd player, MPlayer is pretty buggy.

J

jadaramiro

djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

MplayerWii can play DATA DIVX DVD only
MPlayerDVDLIBEDITION can play DVD Video files...so you can use that search wiibrew.org

been honest playing DVD Originals or copies?? go use your regular dvd player, MPlayer is pretty buggy.
i have a chinese friend and she sometimes gets pirates from chinatown as well and her dvd player is not region free and the solution i do is make a copy that is region free. I wanted to find out if MPlayer for the Wii is the best solution so that i won't waste anymore dvds in the long run.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hello, is there a channel using the unofficial mod by agentx? it fixes the widescreen horizontal scaling

EDIT: nevermind. it doesn't quite fix it. it doesn't scale quite proportionally, it's a bit squeezed vertically and if the movie is shorter than 2.35:1 it floats in the middle of the screen. bottom line, it doesn't stretch to fit, it stretches to a fixed dimension and it does it vertically.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
hello, is there a channel using the unofficial mod by agentx? it fixes the widescreen horizontal scaling

EDIT: nevermind. it doesn't quite fix it. it doesn't scale quite proportionally, it's a bit squeezed vertically and if the movie is shorter than 2.35:1 it floats in the middle of the screen. bottom line, it doesn't stretch to fit, it stretches to a fixed dimension and it does it vertically.

works perfect for me, press 2 to full screen, you didnt press 1 did you? also 1&" returns to default
....Also easy just use my MPlayerwii Dol forwarder channel search mplayerwii tutorial and on 1st post page...
just put the new agent X .dol in the apps mplayerwii folder....

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

works perfect for me, press 2 to full screen, you didnt press 1 did you? also 1&" returns to default
....Also easy just use my MPlayerwii Dol forwarder channel search mplayerwii tutorial and on 1st post page...
just put the new agent X .dol in the apps mplayerwii folder....

i pressed 1 because i want my movie to fit horizontally and be proportionally scaled vertically so that it's letter boxed. it looked like it worked at first but it doesn't do it proportionally, it just changes the movie to an absolute dimension. i can scale it more accurately by eye balling it.

van_nostran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madtamski said:
djdynamite123 said:
nothing should be blocking you, if you have a "working connection" create a folder and place in root directory of any drive you have....e.g. named madtamski and network share it, then add in mplayer config file (this is your pretend username, pretend folder name, and without a password)

# The format is:
# smb://[user]:[password]@[ip address]/[folder]/[file]

stream = smb://[email protected]/madtamski/

# End of file

Why can't you understand that I've done all that...

Read my posts ffs! (you really are starting to get on my nerves...you simply do not read!)

I've said I'll wait until someone who knows what they're talking about can help me, and that's what I'll do.

madTaMsKi

*edit* Here's my setup, can anyone see anything wrong?

Network Share:

shares.gif

Snip from config file:

Code:
stream = smb://[email protected]/videofiles/

The user tam has no password.

192.168.0.163 is the IP address assigned to my PC by my router.

CODEK:\Documents and Settings\madTaMsKi>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂConnection-specific DNS SuffixÂÂ. :
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂIP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.163
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSubnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDefault Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

ok users have to have a password otherwise that account is not network accessible, in your screenshot where youve shared your folder and clicked permissions full control has to be granted to everyone, in the next tab over "Security" youshouldnt have to do anything but just make sure the Users group has read permissions on your share

Dosent matter what the drive letter is

User must have a password

stream = smb://WiiUser:*****@192.168.0.101/BTF/ (BTF = name you gave your share folder)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304040

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
ok users have to have a password otherwise that account is not network accessible, in your screenshot where youve shared your folder and clicked permissions full control has to be granted to everyone, in the next tab over "Security" youshouldnt have to do anything but just make sure the Users group has read permissions on your share

stream = smb://WiiUser:*****@192.168.0.101/BTF/ (BTF = name you gave your share folder)
we all know the above i mentioned it in my tut countless times, if your user is password protected, you have to path it in, like you've done

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched and think I already know the answer (no it will not work that way)...... I have even thought of some other searches but am becoming apathetic. Maybe I should be looking elsewhere but am becoming lazy. I know this has nothing to do with the channel but it seems this thread has digressed into a getting Samba working for some....

For SMB with is there a way to get it to work with the USB ethernet adapter? It works with my wifi connection but would like it to work with the USB ethernet, is it possible have I missed something somewhere? TIA

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
muzz said:
I have searched and think I already know the answer (no it will not work that way)...... I have even thought of some other searches but am becoming apathetic. Maybe I should be looking elsewhere but am becoming lazy. I know this has nothing to do with the channel but it seems this thread has digressed into a getting Samba working for some....

For SMB with is there a way to get it to work with the USB ethernet adapter? It works with my wifi connection but would like it to work with the USB ethernet, is it possible have I missed something somewhere? TIA

Don't know if this will help or not but....

After I got SMB working, I noticed that if I added titles to my Movie folder they would not show up in Mplayer. No matter what I did it would only show the titles that were there when I first got it working. So i removed the share on the PC. Recreated the share and rebooted the Wii. This time it reread all the folder and files and they all showed up in the listing... but not until i removed and then recreated the share on the PC end. There a chance doing that might make it show up when using your USB adaptor.

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably didn't describe the problem well......lol

I had picked up the USB ethernet adapter by (an evil company) for the wii to use with whiitelinux because of the lack of internal wifi driver support.

When I had the Wii configured to use the Wired connection opposed to wireless when attempting to connect to my share it would hang at initalising network and then fail........I was checking myself 10 ways to Sunday and then thought hey....let me see if its because I'm not using the internal wifi.....I changed it back to the wireless and it worked flawlessly.

So I guess the real question is, is there Wired ethernet support in Mplayer? If not is there someone skilled that could modify it to recognize and use the Wii broadband adapter and not the wireless?

Thank you very much for the reply though. I don't want to break my skull over this because I'm trying to backtrack and read the monster CIOSCORP thread and keep up with the developments of the preloader. I've not been lurking the past week or so and when I stop it gets busy here.
smile.gif

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
van_nostran said:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304040

In one of my earlier posts I'd already shown in my XP-SP3 setup that I'd tried it with another user account which had a username password.
I'd also given full control to the 'tam' user and the passworded 'madtamski' user and still had no joy.

Anyway, I've since re-installed Vista, shared my video folders again with the same names, used the exact same config file and can now access them no bother using samba streaming over the wi-fi
smile.gif

Thanks for trying to help out anyway bud
wink.gif

It looks as if my XP install was gubbed to start with lol

madTaMsKi

nicdoy77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can't read original DVDs, DVD-R or DVD-RW...
get code dump
sucks but the USB support is nice tho...
ill try the channel, thx!

nicdoy77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nope data dvds don'T work either... i'll try dvdlib...

btw the mplayer channel 0.05 says "this channel cannot be used"
shame...

is there a way I can have 1 channel that can read on SD, USB, DVD-R and play regular movie DVD?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
is there a way I can have 1 channel that can read on SD, USB, DVD-R and play regular movie DVD?
just use mplayer and mplayer wii

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123034 channels in here, if they say channel can't be used, you need to use freethewads can be found anywhere, and make the .wad region free
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4