Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I have, and it crashes.

sorry if im not understanding you, but i took the DCQ& T mod2 .dol, injected into a old mplayer channel... when i run it: its fine, when i press home to exit: it crashes.

CODE MPlayerWii v0.07 DCelso & Qualith MOD R2
DONT USE THAT AS A CHANNEL, you need Rodries version posted in previous page, that has auto chain detection, the other modded versions only return to loader, so use Rodries! and its better has tipos data dvd added to it with extra better reading and smb etc etc etc
smile.gif

Then inject that particular .dol then it will restart as a channel, and return as a app
tongue.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ah now i get it, sorry.

Ok.. cool... is rodries essentially the same with divx + sequential support like dqc&t?

Thanks in advance DJ: your a legend.

CODEsequential support
NO...sorry.. don't think its been implemented.....can always try, i think there is a slight glitch to it.
But Rodries versions are much more advanced with better data dvd read etc
smile.gif
have fun!

I got to say Rodries, your last release is brilliant, iv'e watched a good few .avi divx's over wifi, the only way it starts to want to glitch etc, is if you download heavily, orrrrr my enemy switches her laptop on and fucks about downloading er self hehe

Other than that, sweet as a nut
smile.gif
well pleased! Cheers Rodries

crislsizl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
for the ability of mplayer to play dvd's you got to have dvdx installed, right? is there something i have to be cautious of during the installation?
and can the installation of dvdx affect my backup launcher?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
for the ability of mplayer to play dvd's you got to have dvdx installed, right? is there something i have to be cautious of during the installation?
no it shouldn't effect it, also remember mplayerwii only supports DATA DISCS!

crislsizl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
no it shouldn't effect it, also remember mplayerwii only supports DATA DISCS!

wat do you mean by that? i cant burn some avis into a dvd or what?

kp-andy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question! i was using my usb to wach movie...
size of file was like 1.8gb and it does but
screen is all broken up
frown.gif
and also it stoped after like 1min...had to pull plug (OUCH)
other avi was working very welll
i want to know does mplayer supports HD files(big files)?

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Am I a deviant or am I the only one to like geexbox more? Mplayer seems to crash (and ONLY solvable by pulling the power cord) a LOT with many, MANY files that GB doesn't even break a sweat rendering. Also, the gui.

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hitto said:
Am I a deviant or am I the only one to like geexbox more? Mplayer seems to crash (and ONLY solvable by pulling the power cord) a LOT with many, MANY files that GB doesn't even break a sweat rendering. Also, the gui.

geexbox is based on linux, so it will be better than mplayerwii.
geexbox supports a lot of devices and filesuystems(NTFS) and it hasn't codedumps, supports more avi formats and has subtitles. The only thing that mplayerwii has and geexbox hasn't is wifi, but when somebody implement wifi driver in linux geexbox will support wifi.
I'm improving mplayer because I like it, it's a hobby and if improve dvd or samba other homebrew programs can use it.
I use a dvd-player to watch films (45€) and support sd, usb, dvd, subtitles, etc.
We are not comparing mplayerwii and geexbox in this post.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
geexbox is based on linux, so it will be better than mplayerwii.
geexbox supports a lot of devices and filesuystems(NTFS) and it hasn't codedumps, supports more avi formats and has subtitles. The only thing that mplayerwii has and geexbox hasn't is wifi, but when somebody implement wifi driver in linux geexbox will support wifi.
I'm improving mplayer because I like it, it's a hobby and if improve dvd or samba other homebrew programs can use it.
I use a dvd-player to watch films (45€) and support sd, usb, dvd, subtitles, etc.
We are not comparing mplayerwii and geexbox in this post.
Well said Rodries, hope the SMB can get even better
smile.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering here..

Would it be possible to add something to make it log the time/name of the video when a crash occurs when using samba. This might be impossible but I was thinking maybe a catch all statement or equivalent that can do this and then add a resume option to the menu.

I don't know where you would store this though besides the settings file or whatever because memory will be wiped out on a reboot I figure and I'm not sure there is seeking code even. But it would definitely increase my usage if I had a way to resume a movie that I was 30 minutes in to and then crashed.

I'm sure my inexperience is showing too.
tongue.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Would it be possible to add something to make it log the time/name of the video when a crash occurs when using samba. This might be impossible but I was thinking maybe a catch all statement or equivalent that can do this and then add a resume option to the menu.

I don't know where you would store this though besides the settings file or whatever because memory will be wiped out on a reboot I figure and I'm not sure there is seeking code even. But it would definitely increase my usage if I had a way to resume a movie that I was 30 minutes in to and then crashed.

That's a brilliant idea, Rodries is or about to release anew version with a fix in samba and a code dump fix, where if your about or get a code dump it will return or restart wii in 4seconds dead
smile.gif
wait...for it

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

That's a brilliant idea, Rodries is or about to release anew version with a fix in samba and a code dump fix, where if your about or get a code dump it will return or restart wii in 4seconds dead
smile.gif
wait...for it

Thanks, hopefully we can see something come from it.
smile.gif

A reboot or restart is much needed in it's current state so sounds good and it appears then there's code to predict when it's going to happen being put in place.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A reboot or restart is much needed in it's current state so sounds good and it appears then there's code to predict when it's going to happen being put in place.
yep, very true, because it will happen if loses packets and that could happen any time, either someone else connects through the router causing slowdown etc, or whatever, anyway ill mention to rodries, it should just "return to menu" not return/restart.....

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks for the nice tut on this djdynamite.
I just had some problems on this for getting this to work but mplayer works well now with the explaining of the conf and some share settings i made on vista.
no lags and runs fine
smile.gif

for all which are using vista remember to take a look at this option:
vista-network-sharing-center.jpg

there you can set if a password is required for your shared folders or not.
a folder can be set as shared most likely the same way as on win xp:
xp_sharing.png

have fun and thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next