Mplayer & Wad Manager

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by geck, Dec 27, 2008.

1. geck
    OP

geck Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    I have installed these wads from sd card via the homebrew channel and they dont seem to work. The Mplayer loads and I have the option to choose where the files are, I click on SD and a black screen comes up with the word path on it, after that it just screen dumps. The Wadmanager installs but when when I run that and choose SD it also gives an error ret = -1.

The Wad manager works fine if I just run it from the HB channel but cant run the Mplayer from HB Chan or insalled Wad. I can installed Wiiware wads fine. Im on 3.2 with Starfall, the backup channel also runs fine aswell.

Ive had a read around and used google but cant find anything relating to my prob,

many thx for any help offerd.

2. geck
    OP

geck Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    any takers?

3. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    Remove Gamecube memory cards from their slots (if any). Can't think of anything else.

4. geck
    OP

geck Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    dint work, removed it and installed them again but same prob, i also d/l Quake from the homebrew channel and that didnt run..

thx for replying though:)

cheers

5. MisterOhm

MisterOhm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2008
    United States
    Which .WAD's are you using? That may be the problem.

6. geck
    OP

geck Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    the ones that came in the zip file with the gamma loader, ive since downloaded via the homebrew channel a version of the mplayer by rodries. that runs fine from my sd card, gonna look and see if i can find a wad of that version.

Quake isnt a wad - its a d/l from the HB channel, i just file initialiation error when i run that..

The wii over all runs fine, its just small things like this,

7. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    The SD card should be formatted to FAT or FAT16. If it still doesn't work, try different cards (both SDHC and non-SDHC).

8. geck
    OP

geck Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    tried that aswell bowser before i posted, no worries its not a major problem, just something i was curious over..

thx again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice