Hacking Mplayer doesn't play DVD's

harrybuttox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to fix my Wii to play DVD-R's and DVD+R's for several weeks now. I can't figure it out.....I insert the disk and starts to read for 3 secs and then stops spinning. Then pressing home I see some errors, but it goes by so fast I can't even see what the issue is. Do you guys know how to at least pause that screen? I have tried uninstalling DVDx several times, and I have even formatted my Wii in hopes it would fix it. I can play Wii back-ups just fine with the gammaloader.

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually im willing to bet i know what the problem is. its most likely a dual layer DVD, and it could be one of 2 problems either Mplayer doesnt play dual layered yet or you have a defective Wii like i do. If you are able to play SSBB no problem then its the first one.(i have to insert and reinsert like 30 times to get it to boot)

harrybuttox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamerjr said:
Actually im willing to bet i know what the problem is. its most likely a dual layer DVD, and it could be one of 2 problems either Mplayer doesnt play dual layered yet or you have a defective Wii like i do. If you are able to play SSBB no problem then its the first one.(i have to insert and reinsert like 30 times to get it to boot)
but all my DVDs are 4.7 single layered

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only idea i have left for you is to hit up wiibrew and grab the latest copy of the dvd version of mplayer. Maybe the copy you have is corrupt. Also try a real dvd in it to make sure they work, if a real dvd doesnt work a burnt one stands no chance.

Edit: also make sure there isnt anything plugged into any of the gamecube ports or card slots.

cyberpred

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same prob, backup channel works but no DVD works if using the HBC. Any program that uses DVDx will not see the DVD rom. Even if i run gator from the HBC is will not see the DVD and says no disk.

btw I used EOC guide and files to downgrade my Wii.

harrybuttox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found formatting actually worked *maybe* I also installed libdi and dvdx *end user* idk if they make any differences installing both of them...but somehow it worked

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can confirm that MPlayer CE plays Original DVD's. Just make sure you have DVDX installed properly.
Also, make sure you have all the Extra Files and folders that come with it in your SD card.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wat

I'm on 3.2 and I run DVDX quite nicely. Also, if you happen to have the cIOS for USB2.0 (either IOS202 or IOS222) then you need to do an advanced DVDX install to whichever version you have.

YarsRevenge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harrybuttox said:
I've been trying to fix my Wii to play DVD-R's and DVD+R's for several weeks now. I can't figure it out.....I insert the disk and starts to read for 3 secs and then stops spinning. Then pressing home I see some errors, but it goes by so fast I can't even see what the issue is. Do you guys know how to at least pause that screen? I have tried uninstalling DVDx several times, and I have even formatted my Wii in hopes it would fix it. I can play Wii back-ups just fine with the gammaloader.

These posts are a bit old but...

What are you using to reinstall DVDx? Are you using Bootmii installer? If so, which version?

I had the same issues trying to use Mplayer but could load backups with NeoGamma with no problems. I fixed it by downloding the newest version of Bootmii installer V0.3 which is newer than what i had. It's possible that I was having trouble because I was using an older version of DVDx but I can't be sure... The thing is, it is possible that I never had DVDx installed in the first place and just thought I did. Didn't think backuploader would load dvds without it though... I really wish I knew for sure. I checked the system memory channels and there was a "?" Icon and I have read that that is where DVDx is stored... I never deleted before "reinstalling" DVDx from Bootmii v0.3 and there was no option to uninstall DVDx when I ran Bootmii 0.3 until after I "reinstalled" it. So either it was never there in the first place or it just overwrote what WAS there... Wish I could say for sure.

I DO know that my problems and yours sounded identical but everything is working fine now.

BTW, I'm on system 4.0U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: