Homebrew Mplayer-CE

Happiness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was actually using Wordpad that comes with win7. I will try notepad++ and to put a password on my computer.

Can the latter be done by creating a new user profile, leaving the one I use everyday without password?

EDIT: I got it to work! Now I can see my shared folder (did not need Username or password). I just followed the permissions guide on the creators website.

When watching a movie it buffers alot. Is it my network being slow or the program?

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Happiness said:
EDIT: I got it to work! Now I can see my shared folder (did not need Username or password). I just followed the permissions guide on the creators website.

When watching a movie it buffers alot. Is it my network being slow or the program?

Could you please explain what you did ?
thanks.

Happiness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I can.

This is what I did. It is from the creators website.

Windows 7 & Vista advanced settings: Setting the NT Access rights on the shared folder to allow "Everyone" read and execute access.

Right-click folder, then pick "Security", "Advanced", "Change Permissions", "Add", "Advanced", "Find now", then pick "Everyone", then give read permissions.

In the smb.conf I added the share and my IP and left out the username/passwrd.

Then it all worked.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Many thanks , works like a charm
wink.gif

NDSPhr34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to add some filters to mplayer_ce such as volume normalization and post-processing.

Do I simply add the commands in mplayer.conf like this?

#Audio Normalization
af volnorm=2

ZillyWabbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding Mplayer_CE v0.75

DVDs seem to play fine (only 3 DVDs so far) and all the documented Wiimote buttons work like the documentation says... EXCEPT + and - do not skip forward or back 1 chapter/scene. Am I missing something? Is there something I can do to make the scene/chapter skip function work? It seems like nothing at all happens when + or - are pressed.

I am playing commercial/retail DVDs (not copies).

Is there any support for the DVD Menu? Didn't see anything in the readmes but thought I'd ask just to be sure. My wife and sometimes guests want to use the Wii for exercise videos on DVD and those often need menu access to get to the section of the DVD they want to use.

Wii setup:
Started with virgin New 4.2U box (could not use boot2)
Softmod with xzxero's Mod Any Wii 4.2 & Below guide (everything seems to work as expected after following that guide)
DVDX installed with Hackmii

Thanks for Mplayer... btw... it was really cool to see DVDs start right up after getting it installed!

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZillyWabbit said:
Question regarding Mplayer_CE v0.75

DVDs seem to play fine (only 3 DVDs so far) and all the documented Wiimote buttons work like the documentation says... EXCEPT + and - do not skip forward or back 1 chapter/scene. Am I missing something? Is there something I can do to make the scene/chapter skip function work? It seems like nothing at all happens when + or - are pressed.

I am playing commercial/retail DVDs (not copies).

Is there any support for the DVD Menu? Didn't see anything in the readmes but thought I'd ask just to be sure. My wife and sometimes guests want to use the Wii for exercise videos on DVD and those often need menu access to get to the section of the DVD they want to use.

Wii setup:
Started with virgin New 4.2U box (could not use boot2)
Softmod with xzxero's Mod Any Wii 4.2 & Below guide (everything seems to work as expected after following that guide)
DVDX installed with Hackmii

Thanks for Mplayer... btw... it was really cool to see DVDs start right up after getting it installed!
Yeah there has to be updates in the documentation. For example, the the seek times say they are 10 seconds and 60 seconds. It's really 30 seconds and 300 seconds (5 minutes). You can fix the chapter seeking and adjust the seek times in the input.conf file. I changed the following:
Code:
#l seek_chapter -1
#r seek_chapter +1
to

CODEL seek_chapter -1
R seek_chapter +1

With that hold 2 then press - or + to chapter seek. Lastly, there's no support for DVD menu. You'll have to use chapter seek.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is development for MPlayer CE stopped?

It's been ages since an update. And there's still a very major bug in the program. The whole locking up problem when playing a downloaded movie for like 40 ish minutes.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Kakkoii said:

It's been ages since an update. And there's still a very major bug in the program. The whole locking up problem when playing a downloaded movie for like 40 ish minutes.
Nope, They're working on a new GUI right now so that's probably why there haven't been many updates recently.

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kakkoii said:

It's still going. There's a beta linked in the IRC channel if you want to try it. irc://irc.efnet.net/mplayer_ce

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.2U modded Wii using xzxero's guide. I have installed the DVDx v2 within HackMii. I tried to play a DVD through the Mplayer and it gets stuck on the mounting DVD section. It shows that the DVD is building cache, but it freezes at 45.33%. I have tried several times and it does the same thing.

Any suggestions?

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
spritefreak said:
I have a 4.2U modded Wii using xzxero's guide. I have installed the DVDx v2 within HackMii. I tried to play a DVD through the Mplayer and it gets stuck on the mounting DVD section. It shows that the DVD is building cache, but it freezes at 45.33%. I have tried several times and it does the same thing.

Any suggestions?
Known problem with 4.2. Use the beta.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone gotten MplayerCE to work loading from a USB HD? I can get usbloader, snes, and nes all to load from the HD but I have to load mplayerce from the sd still since it can not seem to load.

All I get is this message telling me to make sure that mplayer is in the right location and I have checked it many times and it is.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boondoklife said:
Anyone gotten MplayerCE to work loading from a USB HD? I can get usbloader, snes, and nes all to load from the HD but I have to load mplayerce from the sd still since it can not seem to load.

All I get is this message telling me to make sure that mplayer is in the right location and I have checked it many times and it is.
Tried but didn't work. I decided to just leave all my apps on the SD card. Also according to WiiBrew, apps load slower on USB than SD/SDHC.
QUOTEAt this time, loading applications from USB is considerably slower than loading from an SD or SDHC card.
I noticed it with both GX and CFG.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
justinrocks123 said:
Anyone here know the progress of mplayerce on the new gui?Like on when it's getting released.

today at 3:27 PM GMT.

So precise.

@justinrocks123: This comment was left at the New GUI Wiki page
Comment by dborth, Nov 16, 2009
you have got to be kidding me. This new GUI has been in the works for almost a year, and it might be another 6 months before it's finished. be patient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...