Homebrew Mplayer-CE

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take my entire mplayer directory. Copy it to my USB drive. Start mplayer from HBC directly - boom error.

My mplayer refuses to be run from USB. The error is the same whether I run it directly or from a forwarder. And, ofc, it plays media from USB fine once started from SDcard.

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ossot said:
Take my entire mplayer directory. Copy it to my USB drive. Start mplayer from HBC directly - boom error.

My mplayer refuses to be run from USB. The error is the same whether I run it directly or from a forwarder. And, ofc, it plays media from USB fine once started from SDcard.

you need to install the USB 2.0 cIOS

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/USB20

Follow it to the letter and u should be fine.

pm me your email address and I'll email you the sd card structures.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
I updated my Wii the other night using xzxero's 4.2 guide. Contained in the updgrade was cIOS 222 with USB 2.0 support. All I have to do is download the mplayer-ce from the following site correct?

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/

I then just run this from my HBC?
cIOS 202 is the one with USB 2.0 support. And yes download the v0.75 in the language of your choice and run it in HBC or a forwarder channel of your choice.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya, no. I run mplayer's 202 already. Also using one of the gazillion .76beta's rodries has posted.

I'll try the latest 202 installer, the one labeled hermes' in the download section. I'm in no rush though, not big deal. Just thought I'd chime in when I saw someone else having a similar problem.

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This guide accomplishes the following:
1] Updates your wii to the latest firmware.
2] Installs the Homebrew Channel, Bootmii, & DVDX onto your wii.
3] Enables the trucha bug your Wii for homebrew to operate correctly.
4] Installs custom IOS 202 [USB 2.0 support], 222 & 223 [Hermes v4], 249 & 250 [Waninkoko rev14] to your wii.
5] Allows your Wii to play Wii backups through a backup loader, directly from the disc channel, &/or via usb.
6] Play Wiiware & Virtual Console games off the sd card menu.

I Followed the above but had to title delete 202 and re install to get mPlayer to work

but I still get the following probs:
Installed MplayerCE on 4.2e system dvd's play fine

but audio really low have to turn surround sound to 80%

then when I go back to game channel it blows my speakers TOO LOUD
frown.gif

And the big problem for me is that when I SELECT open>>usb>>ntfs my films should be in a folder but they're not there all I get is what is on the FAT partition of the drive. just my apps and stuff

Cant get to the NTFS partition
frown.gif
any help would be great.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just for lolz, I went ahead and installed the cios_hermes whatever whatever in the downloads folder. Had to do 38 w/ 60 ofc.

I then copied my mplayer folder onto USB, same location (apps/..). Loaded HBC back up. Switched to USB Device. Started mplayer. It worked fine. Mplayer loaded from USB without a problem.

I then went into Wiiexplorer, renamed the folder on my SDcard ( to 'bakkkup', random name just so i knew it wouldn't be touched or found). I then went into HBC, selected USB Device again, and loaded Mplayer again from USB, this time with no mirrored copy on SD.

Loading MPlayer CE 0.75....

Mplayer ce cannot be found (or whatever.. forget the exact verbage now). Along with a list of directories I should install it to.

Now normally I'd chalk that up to the forwarder, or the launcher (usually load it via forwarder in WiiFlow). BUT, since it's being loaded DIRECTLY from HBC. No dice.

And again, I previously was using the 202 the USB2.0 page directly links. Figured what the shit, why not try the one that uses hermes' v4.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think mplayer ce supports loading itself off usb as the actual boot.dol searches sd/apps/mplayer_ce/ for the needed files to load but i could be wrong

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
johneem said:
Installed MplayerCE on 4.2e system dvd's play fine

but audio really low have to turn surround sound to 80%

then when I go back to game channel it blows my speakers TOO LOUD
frown.gif
By default MplayerCE starts at a volume level 90.25. I always plus + to max it out. I play .avi TV shows most of the time which is pretty loud for me. I haven't played a DVD recently but I it pretty sure it plays those significantly lower than the TV shows.

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ossot said:
So just for lolz, I went ahead and installed the cios_hermes whatever whatever in the downloads folder. Had to do 38 w/ 60 ofc.

I then copied my mplayer folder onto USB, same location (apps/..). Loaded HBC back up. Switched to USB Device. Started mplayer. It worked fine. Mplayer loaded from USB without a problem.

I then went into Wiiexplorer, renamed the folder on my SDcard ( to 'bakkkup', random name just so i knew it wouldn't be touched or found). I then went into HBC, selected USB Device again, and loaded Mplayer again from USB, this time with no mirrored copy on SD.

Loading MPlayer CE 0.75....

Mplayer ce cannot be found (or whatever.. forget the exact verbage now). Along with a list of directories I should install it to.

Now normally I'd chalk that up to the forwarder, or the launcher (usually load it via forwarder in WiiFlow). BUT, since it's being loaded DIRECTLY from HBC. No dice.

And again, I previously was using the 202 the USB2.0 page directly links. Figured what the shit, why not try the one that uses hermes' v4.

one of the error messages I got was 'cant find mplayer..etc etc' Load from Usb:/apps/mplayer_ce or Usb:/mplayer I rectified this with the 38 w/ 60 ofc and then got it to load thru the Usb 2.0 it plays dvd's but not films stored on NTFS gonna put a film folder on my fat partition (re partition the fat to a larger capacity) see what happens then.

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
pepxl said:
i dont think mplayer ce supports loading itself off usb as the actual boot.dol searches sd/apps/mplayer_ce/ for the needed files to load but i could be wrong
The boot.dol search for:
sd/apps/mplayer_ce/
sd/mplayer/
usb/apps/mplayer_ce/
usb/mplayer/

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I downloaded the mplayer and extracted it, it was within an apps folder and outside of the apps folder had a PHC file which looks to be the main screen. Does that file need to be contained within the mplayer folder within the apps folder?

I have tried to play a DVD and it seems as though it is loading, but it stalls at a particular spot and says 45.33% cache. When I hit the home button to get back to the Wii Menu, I hear the music from the title page for just a second and it sends me to the wii menu. Any thoughts?

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johneem said:
one of the error messages I got was 'cant find mplayer..etc etc' Load from Usb:/apps/mplayer_ce or Usb:/mplayer I rectified this with the 38 w/ 60 ofc and then got it to load thru the Usb 2.0 it plays dvd's but not films stored on NTFS gonna put a film folder on my fat partition (re partition the fat to a larger capacity) see what happens then.

iow - exactly what I said i did, which didn't work.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone? I try to play a DVD through my Mplayer and it says "Mounting DVD" and then is gets stuck on "Cache Fill 45.33%"

Any ideas/suggestions?

Happiness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

I installed Mplayer and it worked ok browsing through the menu.
Then I wanted a samba share to my Win7 computer through a wifi-router.
I installed USB2 support and changed the samba.conf to the right IP.

Now it freezes after I click Open... Sometimes it works and then it freezes at the next level when I click file...

What is wrong? I would love to get this highly potential piece of homebrew to function.

EDIT: I have now used hermes 202 install and now it does not freeze until I reach SMB ... Has anyone got this to work with a windows 7 share? I have tried to edit encryption/account settings in Win7

EDIT2: I have tried downloading the 0.76 beta, (single .dol file) renamed it to boot.dol and replaced the old one. Now the app does not even start, only black screen.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
Anyone? I try to play a DVD through my Mplayer and it says "Mounting DVD" and then is gets stuck on "Cache Fill 45.33%"

Any ideas/suggestions?
It can play a lot of DVDs but not all. Try another DVD if you haven't done so already.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happiness, what editor are you using to edit smb.conf? It's pretty easy to get corrupted and piss off. Try notepad++ or EditPad - both are definitely compatible.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great HB app!

Question: Is there a way to mount/play a dvd from an ISO file on usb?

I can insert and play dvd - no issues and
can watch ripped .avi on usb -no issues BUT would like to do so with ISO, (like daemon tool)

TIA

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
The "SMB problem" people talk about is simple to solve. It can be edited with notepad or whatever, but you MUST put a password, if you don't have one then make one for your windows logon and SMB will work again.

So if you logon to windows and enter PaSsWoRd as a password your smb config must look like this

#Samba share1 (smb1:/)
ip1=192.168.0.1
share1=MOVIES
user1=Jim
pass1=PaSsWoRd

if you dont put a password it WONT work. (obviously change the details to match yours)
You can get your ip from going to cmd.exe and typing ipconfig and pressing enter it shows you it there.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
The "SMB problem" people talk about is simple to solve. It can be edited with notepad or whatever, but you MUST put a password, if you don't have one then make one for your windows logon and SMB will work again.

So if you logon to windows and enter PaSsWoRd as a password your smb config must look like this

#Samba share1 (smb1:/)
ip1=192.168.0.1
share1=MOVIES
user1=Jim
pass1=PaSsWoRd

if you dont put a password it WONT work. (obviously change the details to match yours)
You can get your ip from going to cmd.exe and typing ipconfig and pressing enter it shows you it there.
Works fine for me without a password but maybe it's different because I'm using a Mac. Guests don't use a password to access shared folders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D