Homebrew Mplayer-CE

Kenny2K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does it freeze during the download or during the installation process?
Did you try to download the needed IOS files manually with NUSDownloader? Maybe this will help.
Trucha Bug in IOS60 has nothing to do with the cios.

spacedkadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As for signchecker syaing your ios60 is trucha signed, it says all your ios is truchasigned. It is broken and the author is working on a new version of signchecker that works with 4.1.

Do you have any gc remote or memory card in the top of your wii? these make it freeze during isntall of cios.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked perfectly as soon as I switched into safe mode on Windows XP Home Edition.

Thank you so much for this awesome program.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
spacedkadet said:
Do you have any gc remote or memory card in the top of your wii? these make it freeze during isntall of cios.
Thanks, this was the problem. I could even select IOS 60.

So if signCheck fails, how can I find out if my IOS are trucha signed?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how do you use the Forward_Mplayer_CE posted on google code as a channel? i don't get it. it's a dol file i can use it in hombrew channel but what's the point of that?

it says "This can be used in channels to forward the MPlayerCE application."

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
nando said:
how do you use the Forward_Mplayer_CE posted on google code as a channel? i don't get it. it's a dol file i can use it in hombrew channel but what's the point of that?

it says "This can be used in channels to forward the MPlayerCE application."
for people who wan't to have it run faster than HBC. For people that wan't to run it from a channel. For people who use it with wiiload.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you could simply inject the dol into any wad file you want. i used a nice mplayer channel wad and made a forwarder channel out of it. it uses the banner but needs much less blocks than a channel with full mplayer included. for me the main reason to have a forwarder instead of a channel is the ease of use. just replace the files on sd with the new version and you are good to go.

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been searching all through forums on this site, but I still haven't seen any posts regarding my issue (I apologize in advance if I missed it somewhere). Here's the issue I'm experiencing:

Since I started using Hermes CIOS202 to enable USB 2.0 functionality, Mplayer will randomly freeze while watching videos off my USB drive and then about 5 minutes or so later the video will resume. The issue seems to happen randomly and doesn't always happen with every video, but it does happen atleast once per video the majority of the time.

I recently decided to update my CIOS202 to rev. 3 to see if that made any changes to it. It seems like the freezing is occuring less frequently; however, the video doesn't resume. I have to actually turn the Wii off and back on to start watching the video again.

Does anybody know if this is an issue with Mplayer and/or if they know how I might be able to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance!!!

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
Do I have to enable cIOS202 for USB2 somewhere or will MPlayerCE automatically use it?the forwarder reloads IOS202 immediately, MPlayerCE will reload IOS202 immediately aswell, providing it's installed, if not falls back under blah blah and would just use DVDx.

QUOTE(hicandturkey @ Sep 6 2009, 08:36 AM) I've been searching all through forums on this site, but I still haven't seen any posts regarding my issue (I apologize in advance if I missed it somewhere). Here's the issue I'm experiencing:

Since I started using Hermes CIOS202 to enable USB 2.0 functionality, Mplayer will randomly freeze while watching videos off my USB drive and then about 5 minutes or so later the video will resume. The issue seems to happen randomly and doesn't always happen with every video, but it does happen atleast once per video the majority of the time.

I recently decided to update my CIOS202 to rev. 3 to see if that made any changes to it. It seems like the freezing is occuring less frequently; however, the video doesn't resume. I have to actually turn the Wii off and back on to start watching the video again.

Does anybody know if this is an issue with Mplayer and/or if they know how I might be able to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance!!!
you're using the very old buggy one on wiibrew aren't you? well don't use the one on mplayer_ce's google code.

D

Deleted User

Apologies if these questions have been answered in this thread, but it is massive. I haven't used mplayer for ages.

1. Are there still borders on the left and right when playing 16:9 videos?
2. How do I set it up so it streams videos off my PC?

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
hicandturkey said:
I've been searching all through forums on this site, but I still haven't seen any posts regarding my issue (I apologize in advance if I missed it somewhere). Here's the issue I'm experiencing:

Thanks in advance!!!
you're using the very old buggy one on wiibrew aren't you? well don't use the one on mplayer_ce's google code.

I've been using the version of MPlayerCE made available through the Homebrew Browser.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spayrosam said:
MPlayer-CE Forwarder LEGAL by spayrosam
This looks awesome spay! Is this channel out yet? If not, I guess my only critiques are to remove the dash from the MPlayer-CE title and make sure the cover title shows the CE in all caps.

Great work!
smile.gif

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So, to my understanding, those -ass -options only matter to SSA/ASS -subtitles? Hopefully not, I can't try the options out right now.

e: Never mind, seems it applies to all.

2e: I tried to put the parameters to mplayer.conf, but as soon as I booted up mplayer it reseted back to system menu. I used the following:

ass
ass-color=FFFF0000
ass-border-color=FFFFFF00

Something wrong? Seems that's exactly as it was in the webpage you gave me.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
aabbccdd said:
So, to my understanding, those -ass -options only matter to SSA/ASS -subtitles? Hopefully not, I can't try the options out right now.

e: Never mind, seems it applies to all.

2e: I tried to put the parameters to mplayer.conf, but as soon as I booted up mplayer it reseted back to system menu. I used the following:

ass
ass-color=FFFF0000
ass-border-color=FFFFFF00

Something wrong? Seems that's exactly as it was in the webpage you gave me.
something like:
#Change colour of subs, e.g. with this param now subs are yellow
#http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html#OSD/SUBTITLE%20OPTIONS
#ass=yes
#ass-font-scale=2.2
#ass-color=FFFF0000
ass=yes
ass-font-scale=2.2
remove the # on the main parems as you will know.

Caliban

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I this whole thread last night while at work in preparation to getting Mplayer CE up and running today on my Wii. I fakesigned my IOS36, got 202 installed properly, even put everything on a new 4GB SDHC card and installed Mplayer CE. I played with some streams, even loaded up an Xvid of District 9 which was playing smooth and awesome. So I turn off, take out my SD card and put it back in my notebook and edit the smb.conf to see if I can connect to the movie folder I have on here which I just setup. Things look good in Vista, I've got my IP figured out, No password, back to the Wii we go.

Now Mplayer loads fine, but when I hit right to select and option it just freezes and I cannot move, power off (via remote), nothing. I let it sit for 10 minutes and still nothing, the menu says "Stop, Open, Current Playlist, .......) so I'm thinking that since it says "Stop" up top it must be trying to play or resume from somewhere or else just flat out stuck. Any fix or workaround to this, I really love this program and it's potential! No more waiting 2 hours to burn Xvids to DVDs to watch anymore!!

Thanks

Oh and incase you need it, it's a softmodded 4.1U Wii!

EDIT/UPDATE:

Okay, so I removed the SMB.conf file and also removed the District 9 Xvid off the SD Card, and reloaded MPlayer which is functioning fine now. I put the SMB.conf file back, and BAM!!! Everything is working flawlessly. I have my SMB share goto my torrent folder, and viewed a few movies from there which all streamed fast and played great. Awesome job guys!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There was a arcade about 10 minute walk from my house when was a kid, so that was my hangout...