Hacking MPlayer CE v0.5 released!

extrememonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Works great when launched via HBC but the forwarder just seems to rash for me????

Anyone have any ideas????

It looks like it's launching but then just freezes with the MPlayer screenvsmaller than it should be and no controls..

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I installed it, just too try it out. I don't really intend to use my wii for watching dvd's.
DVD playback works fine, but when I stored a bunch of mp3's on a dvd it wouldn't play them. Any thoughts ?

PS:

I put the mp3 files in the root. Should I have put 'em in a subfolder ?

kaymm2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could never get it to connect to my SMB shares,

always says "Network not yet initialized, please wait"

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kaymm2 said:
I could never get it to connect to my SMB shares,

always says "Network not yet initialized, please wait"

Me too. I cannot get it to connect to my domain PC. I don't know what to do.

Thanks,
Kizer

jd506

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
@ Kaymm2

Ya configing SMB is a pain. It more about trail and error. I hope this issue does get resolved

Don't listen to this idiot, he doesn't know what he's talking about...
It isn't a problem with MPlayer_CE.

SMB on Vista doesn't allow a blank password.
Simply set it to something.

Of course, you'll have to type your password at each log in.

You can get around this by using the auto-login feature in Vista:

Go to the command prompt -> type netplwiz
Untick "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".
Enter your password.

kaymm2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically I'm trying to get mplayer_ce to work with D-Link NAS. My xboxes with XBMC connects to it fine via SMB. I have an account called samba and password is 12345 with a share called "share" on the NAS. I entered this into the smb.conf and doesn't work.

I have yet to try it with my XP machines or Mac.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Don't bang out crap replies like you need a password and username filled in, totally wrong, in some cases you do, but it can connect as Guest, I honestly don't understand how anyone has no idea how to setup a smb share/ config, is it not easier to figure it out yourself, you know learn a little? searching google etc, than randomly posting here waiting for a utter wrong or non helpful reply?
SMB is simple, I don't understand how people blame MPlayers SMB Networking etc. (Mehhh XBMC works fine) who cares? this ISN'T XBMC!
If you cannot figure it out, you are either really dim or you fail at solving problems.

jd506

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By default Vista's policy settings do not allow network access with a blank password.
It isn't a "banged out reply", it's fact.

Most people having trouble with Vista and MPlayer_CE SMB
won't experience problems after setting a password.

Or you can edit the policy settings.

wiiman123 said:
hey moron... i never said vista. why did you assume vista? Im running on XP and you still need to enter the password. While all of my other devices including XBMC on xbox work PERFECTLY without any initial hickups or zero passwords (on xp). I know that vista requires a password... even xbmc prompts you for it.

Secondly, I'm very familiar with home netoworking and management. None of my other devices EVER gave me temporary initial trouble like on the Wii. The Wii smb configs were configured 100% correctly but didn't work .... 10min later... working.
wink2.gif

Don't be so quick to assume that others know less than you do.

It's hard to tell from your posts.

All you do is shamelessly promote your blog and bump your own threads with half-thought out "comments".

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, long time wasn't here..
tongue.gif
. I'm still busy with other things, but today I've tried the new 0.5, and sadly, I have again a massive Bug...don't know if it was already posted...will have a look to GoogleCode later...
QUOTE said:
The USB-HD is unmounted every time when I start MPlayer-CE...as soon as I'm in the menu, the HD's turend off...I can't acess it, no matter what I do..it worked before, but now it won't...Tried with cIOS Beta2/3/the one provided on your site, nothing...
That forces me to use GeeXbox for my Movies...why are you doing this to me? I don't like GeeXboX...I want MPlayer-CE
frown.gif
...hope you'll get that sorted out soon, as long with the other Bug I have...(DVD...
rolleyes.gif
)...

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i completely second what jd506 says. your post are not very informative most of the time or the topics you start are in the wrong board section and it seems like you just want to promote your blog. calling someone a moron show how low your social skills are. the interwebs shouldn't be free of manners. for you a look at the following wiki article wouldn't be amiss.

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get mplayerce to connect to a domain PC after trying all these suggestions. Does anyone have it working successfully to a domain PC. If yes, how is your setup?

Thanks,
Kizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1