Homebrew MPlayer-CE 0.5 consistently code dumps....

imapterodactyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if anybody can help me figure this out. I've been running Mplayer-CE 0.5 on my NTSC-U 4.0 Wii via component cables without a hitch for about a month now. Last night, I took the Wii over to a friend's house, and didn't want to disconnect my components so I just brought along the old composites that came with the system. For some reason, using this setup causes MPlayer to code dump at least 9 out of 10 times (probably more... 19/20), consistently. It makes no difference whether the Wii is set to Widescreen or Standard. I thought it might be an issue with running in 480i, but no. The program runs fine via component cables regardless of the settings... and I've tried everything; 480p and 480i, widescreen and standard for both. Disconnect the components and plug the composites in, and boom, code dump every single time. Switch back to component... problem solved. Why could this possibly be? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

imapterodactyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
nothing to do with cables, are you using wifi ? usb2.0 ?
if you are using wifi, and connection is blocked/off with the usb2.0 cIOS installed you will get a code dump on startup. this is explained on google code.

Oh hell, you're absolutely right, thanks. I feel like a moron. I didn't understand how it could POSSIBLY be a cable issue... it simply didn't make sense. I didn't put together the WiFi thing, as I've been swapping the Wii between 2 TVs in the SAME HOUSE, with the only difference being the cables. As it turns out, the basement is totally out of my Wifi range (apparently, I've somehow never played any online games/apps downstairs). I feel a little dumber now, but thanks for helping me stop yanking my hair out nonetheless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up