Hacking MP3 Graphic Equalizer

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
Just a quick question, I tried to search but could not find the answer.

The music player that comes with DS is not loud enough, I need a music player that is louder; possibly with a graphic equaliser.

Does moonsheel or iPlayer provide a better experience than the player that comes with it (3DS). Also to install Moonshell or iPlayer do I just unzip it onto my sd card in it's own folder?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance as it may be unnecessary to reply.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I believe Moonshell can go over the sound limit, but it's been a while since I used it.

Also, SD Card ? I hope you mean MicroSD by this, because Moonshell can only be used with a Flashcart.

shawnanastasio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell makes some sound files blurry when going over 100%, and i dont see why it would do that unless it was removing the limit on the speaker.....i mean it shouldn't be blurry if you are just amplifing the sound file...

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
the amplifiers in handhelds are weak, because they're not intended for listening to music. to artificially boost the volume with something like moonshell increases distortion as well as volume. if you want to listen to mp3s get a proper mp3 player, your ears will thank you for it.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I think Nintendo was playing it safe when they set the 3Ds's max volume. They didn't want to risk hearing injury and capped the volume really low to avoid lawsuits. If you notice, the 3DS is much louder than the when playing game sounds and music instead as compared to music player. I suppose, maybe, they don't see the same legal threat there. Just a guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro