Homebrew Moving SD's, having issues.

Cody090909

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 microsd cards for my brothers o3ds. One is 8GB, and the other is 32GB. I copied everything from the 8GB to the 32GB, but it wont boot with the 32GB. I tried reformatting the 32, it's fat32 and 32k cluster. All the payloads for luma and a9lh are there. The 8GB still works fine. Just note the 8gb has an emunand partition (I dont care about it)(not from this 3ds).

Any idea how to get it to work?

Last edited by Cody090909,

Jair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The EmuNAND partition won't get transferred by simply copy pasting the files to the new SD. You need to:
  1. Open EmuNAND9 (use the old SD card since it's the only one that boots), then backup EmuNAND to emuNAND.bin
  2. Select, (but don't proceed) Complete RedNAND Setup, IN THIS STEP READ CAREFULLY FOR WHEN IT SAYS YOU CAN SWAP THE SD CARD, THEN SWAP TO THE NEW ONE OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR DATA.
  3. After you swap the card, complete the process.
  4. Turn off the 3DS or unmount the SD card, copy all files from the old SD to the new
  5. Open EmuNAND9 again and choose restore EmuNAND from file, select the emuNAND.bin file created in step 1 and proceed
Just be careful not to do any of these steps on the SysNAND.

EDIT: While you are at it, if you have Menuhax + EmuNAND and not A9LH, why not try Plailect's guide and install A9LH, it's easier than you think. Use the original SD, there is a step near the end of the guide to transfer your EmuNAND data, do that and then copy all the files to the new SD, it will boot without problems.

Last edited by Jair,

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
the emunand is out of the question since he mentioned he was using a9lh,

anyway, do your other payloads work?
up to what point can you get the 3ds to boot?

if you're using a9, transferring should be as easy as copy and pasting the sd files

Cody090909

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the emunand is out of the question since he mentioned he was using a9lh,

anyway, do your other payloads work?
up to what point can you get the 3ds to boot?

if you're using a9, transferring should be as easy as copy and pasting the sd files
No payloads are booting, instant poweroff.

Jair, I dont care about the emunand at all. I said it has a9lh already, I just want to move him to a bigger sd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @DinohScene hi