Hacking Moving items from Sony card to VitaSD

Kerbangman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you just move items from Appdata and App folders from the Sony card to VitaSD card.

Is there anything else that needs shifting or will it not work?

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt do any trial and error on that but when I set up my pstv usb and then transfer that to my psvita sd2vita, I had copy the whole thing to the card. So unless stated otherwise by someone else, you need to transfer everything in UX0:

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My sd2vita adapter is on the way and I have a question in advance: Is it possible to copy all data from ux0 (vita-memcard) to uma0 (sd-card adapter) and then mount the sd card to ux0? Background: I would like to use a 256gb sd-card as ux0 with all my data and henkaku-settings, and my 64gb vita-memory-card (then uma0) as a security option.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Best thing to do is to open FTP and copy everything from ux0: to your PC.
If the Vita memcard corrupts or w/e, you atleast have a backup of everything.

It might be slow, but it's the safest way.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Best thing to do is to open FTP and copy everything from ux0: to your PC.
If the Vita memcard corrupts or w/e, you atleast have a backup of everything.

It might be slow, but it's the safest way.
On my vitacard are more than 50gb of data. By ftp it takes much too long. My idea was, to transfer the data to sd-card with vitashell. The data should remain on the vitacard and be copied only to the larger sdcard. After that, the sdcard should be mounted to ux0.

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work as that what I did with the PSTV sony mem card to usb.

So with that you will need to use that second gamesd.skprx uma0 mount then transfer ux0 to uma0 then change the gamesd.skprx to the microsd ux0 one. It will rebuild it database from the microsd but it should be the same as it have everything copy

Transfer over ftp and transfer through ux0 --> uma0 is pretty much the same except on going over the network. Both will take quite long to transfer if you have it almost filled

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It should work as that what I did with the PSTV sony mem card to usb.

So with that you will need to use that second gamesd.skprx uma0 mount then transfer ux0 to uma0 then change the gamesd.skprx to the microsd ux0 one. It will rebuild it database from the microsd but it should be the same as it have everything copy

Transfer over ftp and transfer through ux0 --> uma0 is pretty much the same except on going over the network. Both will take quite long to transfer if you have it almost filled
So what about the qcma backup for a faster transfer? Does it also backup/restore the henkaku and homebrew things?

Last edited by Muxi,

MoonBunny_MB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found an issue that I haven't seen brought up, so maybe it's just me. The games I've downloaded from the PSN have all transferred and are playable. However their DLC didn't for some reason, and the games bar me from playing my saves without the DLC. Does anyone know what transferring issue might have happened here?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured this one out. Just in case others are in the same boat, while the DLC did transfer, the license folder didn't for some reason. Once I copied it back over from uma0, everything was working again (plus I got my official themes back!)

Last edited by MoonBunny_MB,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1