Movie site closed for good.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just discovered that my DPG movie download site of choice (dunno if naming the site is allowed or not so let's assume no) has been closed down, permenantly. Justification was given as the spate of recent shutdowns on other sites linked to piracy and various illicit files for the DS making the owner of the site uncomfortable. It's still possible to get a few DPG movies, but that site had everything. Nostalgia Critic, AVGN, Toy Story 3, you name it. Now my only hope is that I can earn enough money to get my own laptop, enabling use of torrents as I'm not allowed on my dad's laptop (which is fair, he's had bad luck with them previously) and convert movies and the like myself. This sucks. I don't have that sort of money. In essence, I'm stuck with whatever movies I have now until I can find a new site or a shitload of money.
angry.gif

Anyone else pissed off about this? Or even worse, anyone concerned about the loss of quite a few notable sites in such a short space of time? Think about it. One of the primary DS rom sites no longer distributes roms, now the movies are gone. It's starting to get me a little worried. Seems the world is cracking down on pirates again.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
THIS KINDA STUFF has been happening for YEARS! site opens with illegal stuffs and then shortly follows a cease and desist letter the site closes ...then the site reopens or relocates or changes domain blah blah blah waffle blah change change change cease desist move change etc! Its a common cycle!

What usually also happens is for them to throw up a DONATE PAGE/BUTTON about the same time on these sites to afford the move, buy a new server etc.... or most cases be able to afford more drugs and prostitutes, new car,house etc for the site owner!!!!! :angry: (yes its been known to happen!)

Just wait for them to sell the site to someone else or relocate like the rest of them ..otherwise seek/google out an alternative like everyone else and forget about it
smile.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
The autobot is right! This stuff has been happening for awhile and you just notice?! Boy I'm glad I don't have a Xbox360. I Purchase my DS games thank you very much!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, that sucks. Pretty nice idea of leoedin to keep the forums though, at least there will still be some discussions going on. And I will still be able to retain my first place in Mouse Wars
yay.gif

(Too bad for Veho, now he won't be able to spam the place as much
wink.gif
)

I don't really care that the media has 'gone' though, I used to download loads of DPG videos but I don't watch any TV series/films/etc anymore.

EDIT: Aw fuck, seems like someone finally beat me. (http://gbatmw.net/games.php?action=scores&gid=32)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1