Movie -> .ISO = able to burn on dvd?

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently downloaded two DivX movies and was informed by a friend that i can create them into two separate .ISO files and burn them onto a blank DVD disc. Is this true?

Sorry for the noob question, it is my first time doing this sort of thing.

i would be using DVD-R media, can my un-modded PS2 play it?

(Is this the only way on getting a movie onto a DVD disc?)

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
an .iso is a disc image. it can be from a dvd or a game or any thing on a disc. But divx files to burn to a dvd, the easiest way is to download WinAVI and convert them into DVD's and burn. hopefully a mod doesn't remove my post for no reason so you can see my answer.

edit:kellyan beat me to it by a minute
wink.gif

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well i have "Xilisoft DVD Creator" installed right now on my Computer which lets me convert the file into .iso and then i have Nero and IMGburn to burn the .iso to the DVD. Is they any need for WinAVI then?

EDIT: and also when if i put a DVD which i bought into my DVD/CD Burner and back it up will it be a .iso file type?

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need WinAVI, and the ripped file would probably be an iso. "Nero Recode" is what I use to burn VOBs, it's very easy

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First you said a ripped movie would be VOB now it might be a iso. Make your mind up!

Well after researching i sussed it out:

----

If i want to backup a DVD Disc -

I use "DVDDecrypter" to rip the movie off the disc then use "Super DVD Creator" to burn it to a Blank DVD Disc.

If i want to burn a movie from my Hard Drive to a DVD Disc -

I use "WinAVI" to convert it into VOB (if need be) then i use "Super DVD Creator" to burn it to a Blank DVD Disc.

----

Am i correct? any problems tell me please.

EDIT: I heard Nero doesn't burn VOB files to DVD Discs so i'm using "Super DVD Creator"

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
First you said a ripped movie would be VOB now it might be a iso. Make your mind up!
Well its quite easy if you provide the right information!
You said you have two divX movies.
If your PS2 is not able to play DivX movies you have to convert them.
VOB Files are Video Object. These are the files on a Video DVD if you are able to access its file system.
ISO is an Image format. If you read a media (CD, DVD, ... hell could even be BluRay) In Images you not only have all the information the system get when accessing its files system but all the information about the file system itself.

Before shouting about other people help you should read up some information about these things too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.