Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet another Motorbike game is coming to the DS. See the trailer here. The DS footage is in the second half. Looks like a nice variety in tracks and huge city tracks (for the DS) too.

Features include:
Four different modes: Moto, Supercross, Traffic & Freestyle.
Race six players via WiFi (WFC?)
Gameplay is used with the stylus (eek? Hopefully there will be d-pad and button controls.)

It looks alright graphically, better than the three PSX titles and should look better on the DS screen & I hope that the framerate in the video isn't representative of the game. Previous Moto Racer games have been real good but they were done by Delfine and they stopped making games in 2004.

The other bike game is Ducati Moto.

Lets wait and see if either of these games improve the racing on the DS.

incognito54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks so sluggish! Seems it is running at 16fps or something. The fact that most of the video is sped up doesn't give me much hope...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks interesting.

In response to the frame-rate worries, I won't assume it'll be perfectly smooth when it arrives, but I have one theory about it.

You know the difference between official trailers and homemade cam-videos, right? Even when the video has a picture of a real DS and seems to be recording the footage by taping it in action ON THE DS' SCREEN, the makers of the video actually taped two separate videos to show the footage: 1 video of the DS, 1 of the gameplay footage (recorded using a video capture as opposed to taping a video of the game playing strait off the DS screen). Here's an example of the differing ways of capturing game footage:

Here's one official promotional pic where they took a picture of a DS and later edited the picture in to include the gameplay:
nin_ds_1.jpg

Here's a fan-made pic of the actual game being played in real time:
nintendods_mario64_gameplay.jpg

Where am I going with my ranting? The MotoRacer DS footage was recorded with 2 separate videos (or maybe more, but for the sake of keeping it basic). 1 for the DS and it's background. Another totally different video of the game footage edited ON TOP OF the other video. The game footage could have been recorded at a lower frame-rate (whether intentional or accidental is not known). This happened with the footage of Dementium. The game ran at 60FPS when you played the real thing. Normal video usually goes at less than 30FPS. The videos of games often make them look less smooth than they are. However, IGN videos of Rayman DS (among some other DS games) actually made it look SMOOTHER than it really is.

Did anyone manage to understand what I'm attempting (badly) to explain (poorly)? Just know that videos are usually not a good indication of what a game will look like. Don't trust them. Any number of misrecordings could have affected how it looks.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
@granville: I understand what you try to say, but I'm not looking forward to this game based on video, I never take trailers too serious..Some games look really great, and you go play it, and it turns out like crap..

I was waiting for some good moto game on DS..And Moto Racer really looks good..They had some great games in the past..I hope this won't turn out as a mess..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
@granville: I understand what you try to say, but I'm not looking forward to this game based on video, I never take trailers too serious..Some games look really great, and you go play it, and it turns out like crap..

I was waiting for some good moto game on DS..And Moto Racer really looks good..They had some great games in the past..I hope this won't turn out as a mess..
I think its the opposite, a lot of games look bad in trailers and screens but on the DS in motion looks a lot better.

P

pasc

yummy another racer
wink.gif
. Now if they just decided to make other type of games online (fps 3rd person *chough**chough*)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hadrian said:
Toni Plutonij said:
@granville: I understand what you try to say, but I'm not looking forward to this game based on video, I never take trailers too serious..Some games look really great, and you go play it, and it turns out like crap, and on the other hand, some games have awful trailers, and turn out amazing..

I think its the opposite, a lot of games look bad in trailers and screens but on the DS in motion looks a lot better.
I wanted to write this, but it sliped away somehow..
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since