Hacking Question Most stable for games between android 10 and Ubuntu ?

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi, I always wanted to play pokemmo on my 3ds , it was not possible but it probably is for the switch, pokemmo is available on android and linux

What should I use? And if I want to play other games like visual novels (higurashi when they cry) ?

Also can I be banned if I use internet on android or ubuntu ? It is gonna burn my battery/motherboard more quickly ? ( I'm never gonna overclock but still )

D

Deleted User

Hi, I always wanted to play pokemmo on my 3ds , it was not possible but it probably is for the switch, pokemmo is available on android and linux

What should I use? And if I want to play other games like visual novels (higurashi when they cry) ?

Also can I be banned if I use internet on android or ubuntu ? It is gonna burn my battery/motherboard more quickly ? ( I'm never gonna overclock but still )

Android is best in your case. In general, linux isn't really for gaming although progress is being made for that. For higurashi, I think there are many different ports for android you can find on the internet. For other visual novels, there are many options like exagear and Kirikiroid. Check the first paragraph in the tutorial I wrote: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-run-x86-apps-on-l4t-switch-with-box86.582933/

From the tutorial if you want to use exagear:
2) The second method uses Exagear windows emulator in switchroot Android 10. This method supports very limited range of directx games. It is however quite useful for visual novels. Go to the discord for https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidVisualNovels. Use the "alternate method" for Exagear emulator in #faq-and-guide. I tested umineko chiru (2017- steam version) with ps3 sprites. There is lag (which should not matter much for a vn) but sound and voices works perfectly.

On the subreddit, check the "getting started thread". Many methods are available and they vary in terms of performance and vn availability, so choose the one suitable for you. If you have trouble in setting up something, then go to the discord and ask there. They are a helpful bunch...

Finally, you will not be banned if you use internet on android or ubuntu. I highly doubt that android/linux affect your battery or motherboard in anyway but someone correct me if it does? I have been using linux and android for quite a long time (even with overclocking) without booting into HOS and I don't have any problems....

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Kanakops

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Agree android would be better for yourself
Games like gta sa / bully are native
And emulators run better in android then hos
Also you get dolphin gamecube emulator that's running pretty good in android 10
M64 plus fz is pretty much 100 percent
The list goes on

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Non-CFW tools such as Android and Ubuntu that run solely off of the SD card cannot cause a ban for the mere fact that they run solely off of the SD card. Since they do not touch Horizon, the main OS, there is theoretically nothing for Nintendo to detect. They could try to read files from the SD card but that would not work for multiple reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: