Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Lightning infused Watcher's Greatsword in Dark Souls 2. With the right stats, Sacred Oath, Flynn's ring, Ring of Blades+2, and a Lightning Clutch Ring you can literally 2 shot anybody in PvP. Luckily, unless you're fighting someone who's never played the game in their life, it's extremely hard to hit with so it sort of evens itself out a bit. But if you are fighting someone who can't dodge for shit, you'll rekt them. Here's a video without the lightning infusion and lightning buffs, with the thing doing fucking 800-900 damage. With the infusions it's around 1,000-1,100 a hit.

A dark Chaos Blade in Dark Souls 2 is also "OP" in the sense it does a shit ton of damage with little effort. Nowadays the only people who use it aren't good at anything in the game and simply do so to get "easy wins", but it's easily countered by tons of other things and is easily dodge-able (since the only way to kill people with it is run up and press R1).

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much any weapon people use a lot online is probably OP

Uhh...not really no. Not in Dark Souls anyways, I hardly see the same builds used frequently between different people. The only weapon I've fought an overwhelming amount of consistently is the Chaos Blade, everything else is pretty much spread out. A vast majority of weapons in Dark Souls 2 are pretty balanced and can be viably used for PvP, you'll see all sorts of katanas and greatswords and ultra greatswords and straight swords etc etc. Only weapon class I can think of that isn't used by anybody would be the reaper class (scythes and shit) because they have a minuscule sweetspot and do jack shit for damage in their sweetspot. It usually depends more on someone's weapon class preference than the actual weapon itself.

Hell, nobody actually uses the Watcher Greatsword despite how OP it is, I don't think I've ever actually fought against one in the 500 hours or so I have in Dark Souls 2.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh...not really no. Not in Dark Souls anyways, I hardly see the same builds used frequently between different people. The only weapon I've fought an overwhelming amount of consistently is the Chaos Blade, everything else is pretty much spread out. A vast majority of weapons in Dark Souls 2 are pretty balanced and can be viably used for PvP, you'll see all sorts of katanas and greatswords and ultra greatswords and straight swords etc etc. Only weapon class I can think of that isn't used by anybody would be the reaper class (scythes and shit) because they have a minuscule sweetspot and do jack shit for damage in their sweetspot. It usually depends more on someone's weapon class preference than the actual weapon itself.

Hell, nobody actually uses the Watcher Greatsword despite how OP it is, I don't think I've ever actually fought against one in the 500 hours or so I have in Dark Souls 2.

I wasn't talking about DS2 more about games like pokemon.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First I thoroughly approve of the thread concept. Nice one.

As for the matter at hand I am not actually sure, I do not really play games online so I have not got that (not to mention I would probably fell compelled to make a remark like "me"). Likewise I have not really played that many games this year.

Silenced pistol in watch dogs and the motorbikes in it did not make for terribly good balance I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@