Not open for further replies.

Jack-Of-Trades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Except my "whining" actually is backed up by principle.

Someone who pirates games has no knowledge of the word principle's

QUOTE said:
Then you apparently haven't realized that hitting the "A" button will skip through a majority of the intro.

For a "scener" you didn't know that they only added those after a certain one? LMFAO

QUOTE said:
Please explain to me how this is hypocritical at all.

whining about someone "whining" is the definition of hypocritical "professing feelings or virtues one does not have; "hypocritical praise""

Your whining about my whining idiot...

whiner.
Like i said before shoo your a idiot

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jack-Of-Trades said:
Someone who pirates games has no knowledge of the word principle'sWhat a brash and ignorant generalization.

Just because I'm a thief doesn't mean I have no principles in other aspects of my life.

QUOTE said:
For a "scener" you didn't know that they only added those after a certain one? LMFAOI'm not a "scener". I just show respect to those who deserve it.

QUOTE said:
Please explain to me how this is hypocritical at all.
whining about someone "whining" is the definition of hypocritical "professing feelings or virtues one does not have; "hypocritical praise""

Your whining about my whining idiot...
Define it how you will then, all my points still stand.

Also, it'd be preferred if you refrained from the mudslinging. It just further makes you look like a jackass.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
For balance the scene and preservation interests, it's best that a dump exists in both forms. Especially if the original media is a prototype or something else few people are likely to ever obtain legit.

Jack-Of-Trades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Define it how you will then, all my points still stand

Not how i define it... it's how Princeton defines it

QUOTEAlso, it'd be preferred if you refrained from the mudslinging. It just further makes you look like a jackass.

I never started the "mudslinging" it's idiots like you that jumped the gun and started branding me a whinner" before listening to my statement

1. They could of easily made them as Patchs for people like you that like them to put them in
2. They could of made them a 1 time only appearance by having it check for a previous save file
and before you mention something that adds a already saved file... there dummy files filled with all 00's or ff's easily checked
3. They could make it as a standalone .gba file
4. DO what Theclaw suggested

And theclaw I highly agree with you on that I Praise you

As i said before i kindly ask a mod to close this thread thank you

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I never started the "mudslinging" it's idiots like you that jumped the gun and started branding me a whinner" before listening to my statement
Repeatedly calling us "idiots" isn't mudflinging?

As far as "not listening to your statements", hardly. I read every post in this thread before making my own, and its clear you have no respect for the people who undoubtedly deserve it.

QUOTE1. The could of easily made them as Patchs for people like you that like them to put them in
2. The could of made them a 1 time only appearance by having it check for a previous save file
and before you mention something that adds a already saved file... there dummy files filled with all 00's or ff's easily checked
3. they could make it as a standalone .gba file
I never said I wanted them, and honestly, I dislike the intros.

However, they're the ones who do all the work, so its entirely within their rights to put whatever branding on their releases that they want.

And I'm glad I get to enjoy pirating games with only the cost of a few seconds of my time each boot.

Jack-Of-Trades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
As far as "not listening to your statements", hardly. I read every post in this thread before making my own, and its clear you have no respect for the people who undoubtedly deserve it.

I never said i didn't respect them on the contrary i highly respect the people who do spend there time uploading/ripping games

I just dislike being forced to like them

A verse from Dethklok "Fan Song" put's it best from the endusers standpoint

QUOTEYou people out there give us something more than just record sales/Rom's
You give us something to hate

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally have never seen a intro to any rom although i have quite a few gba roms.

Ps. Urza and Jack-of-Trades should both shut up and stop flaming each other.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
You should stay out of the conversation unless you have something of value to add.

Very little "flaming" is going on.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jack-Of-Trades said:
QUOTE said:
They're not forcing you to like them; they're forcing you to watch they're intro if you want to play their game they dumped.

And that's better how exactly?
You can not play the dump if you don't want to view the intro (for the Xth time).

Jack-Of-Trades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
You should stay out of the conversation unless you have something of value to add.

Very little "flaming" is going on

We are not flaming each other...

I neither Like nor dislike urza we are merely discussing our viewpoints

You can not play the dump if you don't want to view the intro (for the Xth time).

Most of the time i didn't till i learned about GBATA

Jack-Of-Trades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The OP paid $15 for a goodset? That's worthy of my sig there...

Well when your on dail-up thats the best alternative
smile.gif

would take at least 3 months on dailup downloading 20 + gigs and good set's include multiable dumps of the same rom

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jack-Of-Trades said:
Mode 7 = suck
Why the hell must they add intros to there crap and now we have to take another step to remove it...
just annoying if you ask me
All of the groups that added intros. Why? They were all complete and absolute crap, unlike the good old 8bit/16bit demo days where they actually created some pretty technically awesome intros for the most part(along with a bunch of GBA monkeyboy release group intros).

DOS & Windows had some good stand-alone demos for a while too...

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What are you all complaining about? You got the games for free, didn't you? Sit through the damn intro's.

Intro's are a good moment to take a sneeze, cough or zip your pants back up!

I personally haven't been bothered by intro's, although I can imagine some can be annoyed by them after a while..But please.. 'Hate'...That's stupid.

edit: dear me, I must've been the so manieth (spellcheck?) who said this...Either way! I feel better now!

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the Mode 7 intros. It's not like they're gross or disturbing (at least the ones that I've seen).

Seriously, people should not complain about this kind of stuff. We're getting commercial games for free, who cares if the people who dumped the ROM want to let you know who to thank.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember the old Amiga intros, they were great and the music they put on them too. I have to agree though, don't critise release groups when they bring you the latest in video games.

itstemo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all... I hate those Mode7 intros. GOSH... Even after I bought the game I had nightmares of me waiting for the intro to finish on the original cartiage. {A.K.A. I thought that the original game had that intro... weird... must be the 100 hours I spended playing the DUMP}

Also... there are not as bad as all the EA intros... I mean... those are just LAME, Unskipable, useless, INTROS. Gosh... I mean some of those EA intros have a loading screen just for the intro. Imagine waiting 1min just to load a intro that you don't want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Yes.