Most authentic shell replacement?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Jm9760, Oct 5, 2008.

Oct 5, 2008
  1. Jm9760
    OP

Member Jm9760 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm looking to get a black shell replacement for my white ds lite that has a crack in the hinge. I want one that looks as close to the original as possible and includes all parts (including the screen frames). I saw the ones by wiiroom that looked really good, but he doesn't seem to be a seller on ebay any more. So I was wondering what my best option was? Thanks for any help!

2. ShakeBunny

Member ShakeBunny GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can actually buy official Nintendo shells. That is about as authentic as you can get. I wouldn't trust ebay to find them as most knock-offs claim to be the real deal.

3. Jm9760
    OP

United States
  4. ShakeBunny

United States
    I would keep looking for the real thing. Even the best of off-brand shells are not without there flaws. Also, why do you need the frames?

5. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    if you are going to replace the shell anyway, why not get a unusual 3rd party one instead?

6. Jm9760
    OP

United States
    I guess I could go with a third-party one. Do you have any recommendations?

7. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i have gotten replacement cases for both the original ds and the ds lite from dealextreme all four times no one but me knew or could tell. they aren't prefect but pretty close to it and really cheap if you end up not liking it wont be that big of a deal or waste of money

8. Jm9760
    OP

United States
    I saw the ones on dealextreme, but this is my only complaint:

[​IMG]

See how the bottom screen frame is still white but everything else is black? I'm trying to avoid this if possible. Do any of them come with the frame for the bottom screen?

EDIT: Nevermind, in the comments it's said that it comes with both, so I think I'm just going to order that one.

9. ShakeBunny

United States
    Just get a black shell and mix and match. You could keep using your white buttons. That would make the frames match the rest of the DS.

10. ExDee

Member ExDee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mm I currently have the Legend of Zelda housing sitting on my desk while waiting on my desk and waiting for DX to reply about the wrong shipment they gave me. I really ordered the Pikachu housing