ROM Hack Discussion Mosnter Hunter Rise and Emuiibo

Deobulakenyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So i tried using emuiibo and loaded Magnamalo, Palamute and Palico and none of them gave the Bonus Armor sets.

Instead they were read as ordinary amiibos and gave me the lottery option with the "CLAIM BONUS" option greyed out.

Has anyone experienced the same?

EDIT:

XorTroll (emuiibo dev) is aware of the issue and looking at it right now.

By the time of this edit, emutool is offline and probably that is XorTroll trying to fix the broekn emulation for MHRise but do not quote me on this. The point is right now you have three options to make the BONUS REWARDS of armors from the amiibos work:

Option 1. Buy the actual amiibos and use them
Option 2. Write the bin files on an nfc215tag using Tagmo and similar application and use them in the game
Option 3: Wait for emuiibo and emutool to be fixed

Happy gaming

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED AND EDITED:

There seemed to be new members who are asking for amibbo bin files from Krustankase.

PLease stop asking for amiibo raw bin files and spamming the thread .

[Removed] -WeedZ

Last edited by WeedZ,

zasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I might be wrong, but you probably need to defeat Magnamalo first and then the amiibo will work as expected.

Deobulakenyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I might be wrong, but you probably need to defeat Magnamalo first and then the amiibo will work as expected.

I do not think so. A youtuber with an actual Magnamalo amiibo was able to get the bonus armor before the basics training at the beginning of the game.

Reactions: fout21

maharaja

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
So i tried using emuiibo and loaded Magnamalo, Palamute and Palico and none of them gave the Bonus Armor sets.

Instead they were read as ordinary amiibos and gave me the lottery option with the "CLAIM BONUS" option greyed out.

Has anyone experienced the same?

The amiibo gives your layer ie. Skins, not the actual armor.

Tomoire127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting the same issue here. Got the day 1 patch installed. I've got the real Magnamalo amiibo and it worked fine even before the first quest. My random guess is that it's something to do with emuiibo not giving the right data.

Reactions: tabzer

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emutool doesn`t work with monster hunter rise the amiibos can read it but there are no rewards
Its definitely an issue with Emuiibo itself. You can create an amiibo using the bin files and physical tags, but can't use the same exact thing with Emuiibo. We just need to wait for it to be updated to support Rise properly. Its already reported on the GIT page, hopefully the dev sees it and can fix it.

Reactions: Deobulakenyo

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XorTroll has confirmed they are aware of the issue and is looking into it. Expect Emuiibo to work properly with Rise at some point. Hopefully it isn't a tough issue to fix.

Krustenkäse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Magnamalo amiibo is 540 file size and the other 2 are 532.
They worked via TagMo perfectly for me. Im on a unhacked switch everything legit.

I assume its the programms you use that arent made for it yet.
Maybe they're made like that (532 filesize) to combat amiibo piracy?

DynaBRo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They worked via TagMo perfectly for me. Im on a unhacked switch everything legit.

Yeah! I could see that being the case... Anyway, I'm glad with the hunter relayed armor for now! I'll see if I can get the other 2 to work for me in the future! Thanks for everything! =D

Deobulakenyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

The missing bytes can be padded easily by adding zeroes on hex to the binfile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...