Hardware More and more Nintendo is dropping the 3D feature of the 3DS

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tl;DR duffmann really likes the 3D effect, thinks that's all the 3DS has going for it and is heartbroken that more games aren't using it.

Nobody cares about the 3D effect. Almost nobody uses it. Them fading it out (which btw is more a developer choice, not nintendo) is logical because nobody gives a shit about it.

Well that's just ignorance as polls on this site have shown time and time again that plenty of people still use the feature. Again, please put personal preferences aside and understand that the market is large attracting lots of different people for different reasons, one of the reasons indeed being 3D, just not for everyone such as yourself. Stupid to kill off any of those attractions prematurely is all that I'm getting at, could be the difference of selling tens or even hundreds of thousands of units.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's bizarre. I checked for the polls i saw but those were way older. I found some other sites and it's more 50/50 there too. Well thankfully i couldn't care less about it.

Its a large enough sample size from a recent enough date to indicate to me at the very least that there is some legit interest in the feature. Cool if it doesn't matter much to you though, you're probably not someone interested in the question of how soon the 3DS will be put to rest. I am personally intrigued by the question, and see signs that Nintendo is speeding up the process, the dropping of the 3D feature in most new games being a big indication I think.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
That's bizarre. I checked for the polls i saw but those were way older. I found some other sites and it's more 50/50 there too. Well thankfully i couldn't care less about it.
Different strokes for different folks. You probably listen to the vocal minority. The majority are usually quiet, so we'll probably never know.

Reactions: Ryccardo

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you're probably not someone interested in the question of how soon the 3DS will be put to rest.
That's where you're wrong. I love my 3DS and it's my main gaming device. I don't even have a switch. I just don't care about the 3D effect. Always felt it was a gimmick that didn't add anything to games, only for the occasional cutscene :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk