Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yo, Xenon++. I read your guide and have fully integrated it with one I made for a friend to get it working in R4 Original. May I have permission to use your guide with the one I made?
ohmy.gif

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, it's okay! I've gotten it figured out anyhow, thanks to you.
yay.gif

And no problem! The guide is already stickied up there; I'll just have to update the first post with this new method. So far, it's only for R4. Also, do you know of any possible way to soft reset with your method? Currently I can't do that
unsure.gif

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xenon++, those instructions don't work with my current setup. However, I found out exactly HOW to MAKE them work!
cool.gif

I need to ask though. Do we have permission to use that archive? (r4ys_softreset_kit_ysonly.zip)? I'd like to credit the make in my guide-to-be for R4. But dammit, soft-reset on R4 with 2.10...thanks for the link to that archive!
bow.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blackiris said:
Xenon++, those instructions don't work with my current setup. However, I found out exactly HOW to MAKE them work!
cool.gif

I need to ask though. Do we have permission to use that archive? (r4ys_softreset_kit_ysonly.zip)? I'd like to credit the make in my guide-to-be for R4. But dammit, soft-reset on R4 with 2.10...thanks for the link to that archive!
bow.gif
They work for me, but with one issue...
Since I'm using Moonshell 2.09 with Xenon++'s YSLaunch, it just boots to YSMenu which loads the last game.

When I copy my Moonshell file (both R4 encrypted and unencrypted) as R4BOOT.NDS, it gives me an error.
Is there any way to use Moonshell's NDS file with this?
And if so, is there any way to edit the TTReset.dat to change "R4BOOT.NDS" to "_DS_MENU.DAT", so that it will load the R4's default firmware?

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
They work for me, but with one issue...
Since I'm using Moonshell 2.09 with Xenon++'s YSLaunch, it just boots to YSMenu which loads the last game.

When I copy my Moonshell file (both R4 encrypted and unencrypted) as R4BOOT.NDS, it gives me an error.
Is there any way to use Moonshell's NDS file with this?
And if so, is there any way to edit the TTReset.dat to change "R4BOOT.NDS" to "_DS_MENU.DAT", so that it will load the R4's default firmware?

They work for you, but I've found a way to make it work with 2.10 Stable. I haven't tried with 2.09
unsure.gif

Through trial and error hacking (probably not even hacking but w/e
rofl2.gif
) I've found out that "R4BOOT.DAT" is a file that boots "_DS_MENU.DAT", whatever it may be. So if it's actually MoonShell 2 in disguise and you tried opening it by turning it into "R4BOOT.NDS", it would boot MoonShell 2 again!

Although I've been trying to look for a way to get R4's firmware into an NDS file that works...it would make the "Exit To Firmware" feature of MoonShell 2 do exactly what it says
tongue.gif

I'm still waiting for a reply from Xenon++, and if there was a way to edit TTReset.dat, that'd be very much useful...

Austern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. If someone can help me. Is it possible to adapt moonshell 2.xx on IEDGE ? How can i do it if is possible ? Thx for your help.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
if i am reading this right you guys r booting up DS roms with moonshell rightYes and no...
Moonshell2 has a feature called "extlink" that is "External Link" where you can run files with specified app.
For example, there's a special version of nesDS for Moonshell2 and if you have it in your extlink folder, any time you run a NES game, it will launch the game directly through nesDS.
So people (linoul and Xenon++ and I think Normmatt) came up with Loaders for certain firmware, linoul and Xenon++ made ones for YSMenu, and I think it was Normmatt who made the one for AKAIO, and what that does is loads the NDS ROMs through the specified firmware directly.

QUOTE(squirrelman10 @ Mar 20 2010, 06:42 AM) if true can this work for the iplayer??
No.
The iPlayer does not have commercial ROM loading ability.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Is there a problem with the moonshl2tools_r28 download on Mediafire ??
I'm trying to download the latest version (r28) but each time I try (& it's been 2 days now) all I keep getting is
QUOTE said:
NOTICE:No servers are currently avaliable with the requested data on them
but the older version (r21) works fine

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CannonFoddr said:
I'm trying to download the latest version (r28) but each time I try (& it's been 2 days now) all I keep getting is
QUOTE said:

OK, there is a problem with Mediafire but I've created a mirror on Depositfiles:
http://depositfiles.com/files/jv5syunbc

@Xenon++
I hope It's OK that I've created a mirror.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
CannonFoddr said:
QUOTE said:
OK, there is a problem with Mediafire but I've created a mirror on Depositfiles:
http://depositfiles.com/files/jv5syunbc
@Xenon++: I hope It's OK that I've created a mirror.
Thanks for that - Oh & if Xenon++ give the OK for your Mirror - Can I ask if he'll mind if it's put onto Filetrip as another Mirror ???
[I can't see a problem
eusathink.gif
- as he gave me permission to include one of his loaders in a 'package' I've done - Fingers Crossed
priere.gif
]

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In M3DS, hbmode is forced to 1 if set to 0.
Now hbmode 2 is forced if (hbmode==1)&&(ARM9 address!=0x02000000). Avoids some issue in hn loader.
* yslaunch renamed to inilink. Now it can launch AKAIO/M3 TouchPod. The world's first extlink for M3DS.
* ysboot renamed to iniclear. Depends on /moonshl2/extlink/inilink.ini. ysboot.ini won't be used.
* If you are on M3DS, read inilink/readme.txt carefully or your save will be lost
* (especially, if sav>=1MB&&Kaura, lost permanently because Sakura 1.44 save restore only works for sav==512KB. Backup frequently!)

CannonFoddr/PinkCatBoy, this(inilink) should be what you want.

798-Icebird

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xenon++ said:
In M3DS, hbmode is forced to 1 if set to 0.
Now hbmode 2 is forced if (hbmode==1)&&(ARM9 address!=0x02000000). Avoids some issue in hn loader.
* yslaunch renamed to inilink. Now it can launch AKAIO/M3 TouchPod. The world's first extlink for M3DS.
* ysboot renamed to iniclear. Depends on /moonshl2/extlink/inilink.ini. ysboot.ini won't be used.
* If you are on M3DS, read inilink/readme.txt carefully or your save will be lost
* (especially, if sav>=1MB&&Kaura, lost permanently because Sakura 1.44 save restore only works for sav==512KB. Backup frequently!)

CannonFoddr/PinkCatBoy, this(inilink) should be what you want.

Is that inilink like a nds.***.nds and does it works with akAIO 1.6?
Would be really cool
yay.gif

Where is the download?
shy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-