moonshell2 slow?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by koolkid1773, Jan 7, 2010.

1. koolkid1773
    OP

koolkid1773 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    hiya. I have a r4 sdhc upgrade. so i downloaded moonshell2 on my 8 gb kingston sd card and booted it up. it takes like 2-5 mins for moonshell just to boot up, and then when i use the soft scroll,it freezes sometimes. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I really want to use it because i have dpg4 vids but it takes so long to load. [​IMG] [​IMG] moonshell2 works fine on my 2 gb kingston. so what's wrong?? since i have a dpg4 vid i can't play on moonshell under version 2. [​IMG]

2. koolkid1773
    OP

koolkid1773 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    oh i'm in the wrong section. soooooo...
    nevermind.

3. moosehunter

moosehunter GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2008
    United States
    Your problem is that you're using a Kingston. I had the same problem with both my 8gb kingstons. A Sandisk should work well, both my 2gb and 8gb Sandisk work like they're supposed to.

Until you get a better card you're going to have to deal with Moonshell2 or revert back to version 1.

4. koolkid1773
    OP

koolkid1773 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    I bought a new sandisk and now it works better than my 2 GB! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I have a Kingston 4GB Micro SDHC card and Moonshell 2.09 works perfectly with no lag.
    So I don't see what's wrong with Kingston's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice