Hacking Moonshell Sound Help

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently encoded a couple episdodes of Chappelle's Show with BatchDPG and put them on my R4 to watch, but when I started playing the videos, the sound would stay in sync for a while, but then go out of sync as I kept watching. I'm using the recommended settings in the tutorial that's stickied on the front page here, so my settings are:

Bitrate:128/Samplerate 32768/Joint Stereo Mode/Normalize is On

I installed the Moonshell that came with the latest v1.10 R4 kernel, but I don't know if that's up to date. Also, when I try to seek to anywhere on the video, the sound gets out of sync very badly. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your help.

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well, I found a way to resync the audio if it goes out of sync when I'm just watching, I pause it. But when I seek this trick doesn't work. If anyone has any info at all I'd like to know
biggrin.gif

legendofzash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been hearing a lot of complaints about audio syncing with the 1.71 version of Moonshell. Does it seem to do it on every video? Are you using a regular DS or DS Lite?

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not on every video, sometimes all you need to do is pause it and it will resync, but when you seek, it gets out of sync very badly on most videos and you have to restart the video and watch til that point if you want good audio.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well yeah, but that doesn't explain the seeking problem. It only happens on select videos, I wonder why.

Hmm, it MAY explain my theory found here, because using 1.71 on DS-X it got out of sync for about 1 sec, and then the video went ok again, especially in action parts, where this happens frequently. It's extremely annoying.

So I got my R4 a week ago with 1.6 (It came already included when I installed the FW, didn't bother updating to 1.71) and it seems that this problem does not occur, even in the same action parts I referred above, so it's most likely a problem in Moonshell itself.

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I use Moonshell 1.6 for my media playing, even though I have 1.71 on my card. Maybe they'll fix it in later releases, but it's a pain not being able to seek in some videos and doing so in others, and having to pause every five seconds to resync.

Btw, did you try to resync by pausing on your DS-X brutalboy? Because you said video playback was perfect on your R4 with no lag, but I can't say the same thing.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ya, I use Moonshell 1.6 for my media playing, even though I have 1.71 on my card. Maybe they'll fix it in later releases, but it's a pain not being able to seek in some videos and doing so in others, and having to pause every five seconds to resync.

Btw, did you try to resync by pausing on your DS-X brutalboy? Because you said video playback was perfect on your R4 with no lag, but I can't say the same thing.

Nope, pausing would cause the audio to get completely out of sync and I had to seek for it to work properly again.

On R4, seeking is really fast, even in big movies (>250 MB) and I get no problems. Are you using a 1 GB Kingston? If not, the speed of the MicroSD might influence the video playback.

Edit - Try editing the moonshell.ini file with these settings and see if it gets better:

Dithering = [0|1|2] (Default = 1)
Dithering=0

GOPSkip = [0|1] (Default = 1)
GOPSkip=0

AdaptiveDelayControl = [0|1] (Default = 1)
AdaptiveDelayControl=0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-