1. Malik Hajid

OP Malik Hajid Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I've been trying to get Moonshell to work on my Acekard 2i. I started by trying to get the latest child zwai version to work, but it crashed with an error message on start up. I figured that since MAIO exists, you just can't get the standard Moonshell to work with Acekard, so I installed MAIO v3.09. I can get it to run, and play music, but on start up, several screens with error messages and warnings flash by, and it freezes up for about 2 minutes before playing each music file that isn't selected by double tapping R. Is that just the norm, or I am doing something wrong?

2. Isaac

Isaac American

United States
    Try backing up your data, formatting your card, then restore your data. It should then work.

3. Malik Hajid

OP Malik Hajid Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I tried that, no avail. I even bought a 2nd brand new sdcard because I thought my first was messed up, but no change.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
  5. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    i've found that moonshell causes minor corruption and then refuses to boot when it scans and finds that corruption. without moonshell, i can game for months without any need of a format. as soon as i use it i always end up having problems. if you just want to watch dpg-2 movies and play mp3s, then install moonshell 1.7x. it has far fewer issues, but also lacks all the updates, improvements, etc, that the 2.x builds incorporated.

-another world

6. Malik Hajid

OP Malik Hajid Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    What exactly does size adjustment do? I looked around and all I could find was that if you needed the size adjusted, then use it. Should I always have it on...? I'm so confused.

In the end I turned AlwaysDisabledCheckDisk to 1, and I was able to get everything working with the child zwai version. It crashed quickly though, so I'll try some other versions and see if I can find one that works best. I wasn't actually able to find a 1.7x copy, I'll have to look harder/for other versions.

7. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
  8. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    Size adjustment resizes/positions the partition to be correct for the actual media.

9. Malik Hajid

OP Malik Hajid Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Moonshell, problems,