I'm getting mixed signals here!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok. So I told myself I wouldn't do this coz I'm probably going to sound so much like a newbie (which I am) but Moonshell doesn't work on my R4. When I press the second image/button, it usually shows a black screen. I say usually because there were some rare moments when it actually worked. Now I'm content with using DSOrganize for my music needs but I've always wanted to try playing videos on the Moonshell and well...it just doesn't work.

Does it have something to do with the card? I think I read somewhere about having to put a piece of paper somewhere(I can't remember where...) but it just sort of felt unrealistic. If it is indeed the solution, just tell me.
tongue.gif

Know what...I fixed it myself. *sighs*

Anyway, if anyone is experiencing a similar problem, I might as well say the solution.

I opened up the first icon and pressed the select button several times until I actually saw the name _DS_MSHL.NDS. I pressed that and presto. Moonshell works again.
biggrin.gif

Hopefully, someone else can use this because I'm feeling so much like an idiot right now. Still curious about the other ways to solve it though.
biggrin.gif
So feel free to post.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
distorted.frequency said:
Wow. You're right.
blink.gif
I wonder why that happens though. Oh well. Thanks for the info anyway.
biggrin.gif

that is very odd that turning off soft reset allows moonshell to boot. i have never had an issue with moonshell. have you tried dling the official release of moonshell and building an r4 compilation? perhaps it has something to do with the version the r4 team is putting out?

you can dl moonshell here: http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/2007/...ver171_dl.shtml

-another world

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i tried using the newest moonshell and still got the same problem. won't load if soft-reset is on.

i even tried swapping the file and use yasu's back2fw for the second icon, still doesnt work if soft-reset is on.

just curious, what version of firmware are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.