moonshell not working with new firmware

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Blaze163, Sep 14, 2009.

Sep 14, 2009
  1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Hey guys. Just updated my Cyclo and that of the kid across the road with the new firmware 1.55, and now Moonshell isn't working. Won't even acnowledge it. It's Moonshell 1.71. Do we need to get a new version of moonshell? If not, is there any way to reverse the update so our old Moonshell program will work? Only we've just started using them to watch movies and I'd hate for 300+MB of space to be wasted. Suggestions?

2. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    kinda got it sorted. Moonshell 2.05 stable works, although it does make the middle button on my home screen utterly pointless. Even though moonshell is there, it won't load it. Thankfully putting the moonshell2.nds file onto the root of my card allows me to select it the same way as DSOrganise, so it is at least workable. This new versions sucks compared to the old one though, it seems extremely slow loading images, it takes ages to boot up, I hate having to double-click the trigger to go to the next mp3 when just one click worked fine with the old version. Damn it, whatever happened to people's understanding of the phrase 'if it aint broke, dont fix it'? PLEASE tell me there's a way to get the old moonshell working on the new firmware because I'm really hating moonshell 2.

3. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Just edit the config.xml file in the CycloDS folder to change the path to Moonshell 1.71.

Moonshell 2 isn't that bad. The video player is much better and it has a better compatibility with file types, not to mention a much better interface.

4. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Genius! Got my old moonshell working perfectly, thank you for your help. Added bonus that since I've now been able to delete all the dodgy Moonshell2 files from my laptop, the damn thing isn't crashing any more. Thanks again. [​IMG]

5. Ta-Razel

Newcomer Ta-Razel Member

United States
    what exactly do i have to edit it to?

6. Siegmund Fretzga

Newcomer Siegmund Fretzga Advanced Member

Germany
    You have to edit the config.xml to the path of the moonshl2.nds at the /moonshl2.nds