Hacking Moonshell for DSTT??

bawkchoii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sry i'm really confused buy is Moonshell already included in the DSTT??? Or do i have to install it?? and if i do..how?? can somebody help me?? thnx n sry!

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys,
I need a little help with Moonshell 1.71. I've run the Moonshell setup.exe file and all runs well, but in the "ROM image" field, the NDSTT is no there. I just left all the cards ticked and none of them really works so well! I guess this is why we need patching. Any assistance with patching would b greatly be appreciated. Am I right in saying that the patched file just tells the NDS what card I'm using? Thanks in advance... dave

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the tip, The packaging did say DLDI auto patching!
I have found that when I select the system menu icon in mooshell 1.71, I get the following options;
1. Open text as Local
2. Open text as UTF-8
3. Open Text as UTF-16LE
4. Open text as UTF-16BE
5. Open Binary mode
6. L/R lock (now unlock)
7. Customise
- System1, System2, Hidden Item, Key Repeat
8. Change Backlight
9. RESET.MSE

So If I select;
Option 6 - and keep the "MoonShell_AUTOPATCH_Default" file highlighted on the top screen, Option 1,2,3,4 & 5 dispaly text files, that are of little use to me. If I do not have the "MoonShell_AUTOPATCH_Default" file highlighted on the top screen, Option 1,2,3,4 & 5 do nothing. Does this sound correct?

Option 6 - What is meant by lock/unlock?

Option 7 - I go into the customise menu, then decide to
a) Save and power off - works ok!
b) Save and soft reset - I get a blue screen of death telling me that my adapter [TTIO] is not supported (EID:01010101) - Any ideas?
c) Ignore and power off - works ok!
d) Ignore and soft reset - I get a blue screen of death telling me that my adapter [TTIO] is not supported (EID:01010101) - Any ideas?

Option 8 - Backlighting feature works just fine!

Option 9 - I get a blue screen of death telling me that my adapter [TTIO] is not supported (EID:01010101) - Any ideas?

The soft reset feature works just great on the NDSTT Firmware/Menu side, it's just Moonshell that's playing up!

All help is much appreciated. Thanks dave

Bud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The "L/R Lock/Unlock" option just sets whether the DS reacts if you press L or R. If it's set to locked, nothing happens when you press L or R, so MoonShell doesn't change tracks etc. when you have the DS in your pocket.

The BSOD just means that soft reset isn't supported with the DSTT, meaning that MoonShell has no code to just switch back to the DSTT menu.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do here:
QUOTE said:
So If I select;
Option 6 - and keep the "MoonShell_AUTOPATCH_Default" file highlighted on the top screen, Option 1,2,3,4 & 5 dispaly text files, that are of little use to me. If I do not have the "MoonShell_AUTOPATCH_Default" file highlighted on the top screen, Option 1,2,3,4 & 5 do nothing. Does this sound correct?
You are already in MoonShell, why are you trying to launch it from there?

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Bud,
I've just been playing with the options to see if they worked and what they did.

With Option 6 - and keep the "MoonShell_AUTOPATCH_Default" file highlighted... - This was just an observation, and I noticed the soft reset pattern. I was curious as to whether the BSOD/Soft reset failure could be rectified for the NDSTT. Is the additional code something I would expect to possibly see in future Moonshell updates?

I'm trying to get familiar with the NDSTT, Moonshell 1.7 etc... I have started to play with Monshell skins. DSOrganise doesn't impress me all that much and I have found that skins for NDSTT are very rare. I managed to change the desktop images etc... (but I should leave that discussion for a new thread)

Thank you all for you help. It is greatly appreciated
Dave

Syman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry to hijack the thread, i have downloaded the moonshell files to the dstt card, (Folder -moonshl, MoonShell_DSTT.nds)

when i click the .nds file, the ds stalls.

am i missing something obvious, i had no problems with the R4 i have in another ds.

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What version of Moonshell are you using? 1.7?
Where did you get it from?
Did it come in a .zip format or was the moonshl folder and .nds file ready to go?
Did you run the Moonshell "setup.exe" file to get your folder and .nds file?
Where did you get the MoonShell_DSTT.nds file from, or did you rename it?

The MoonShell_AUTOPATCH_Default (No interface).nds file works with the DSTT. I found that you can select other types of cards during the setup.exe - some work and some don't.

Syman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What version of Moonshell are you using? 1.7? YES 1.71?

Where did you get it from? http://www.ndstt.co.uk/download.php

Did it come in a .zip format or was the moonshl folder and .nds file ready to go? Zip file, unzipped to the files previously mentioned

Did you run the Moonshell "setup.exe" file to get your folder and .nds file? was no setup file in the zip file

Where did you get the MoonShell_DSTT.nds file from, or did you rename it? http://www.ndstt.co.uk/download.php . it has not been renamed

The MoonShell_AUTOPATCH_Default (No interface).nds file works with the DSTT. I found that you can select other types of cards during the setup.exe - some work and some don't. where can i get a copy of this file?

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just ha a look at the DSTT UK site and saw the link for Moonshell. They have done the work for you, but obviously you've tried it and it doesn't work!

Infantile Paralysiser is the place to go, and here is the link for the moonshell app;

http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/2007/...ver171_dl.shtml

Download either;
moonshell171p1_with_dpgtools131.zip mirror (13,731,802byte) MD5
moonshell171p1_with_dpgtools131.7z mirror (11,391,181byte) MD5

Then unzip,
Have your Micro SD connected to the pc,
Run the setup.exe file,
Select the Micro SD as the destination drive.

Set up Moonshell Installer like this
http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~h2eefk

And it should work. DSTT is not a default option in Moonshell 1.7, but that's ok, the MoonShell_AUTOPATCH_Default (No interface).nds works fine

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
the MoonShell_AUTOPATCH_Default (No interface).nds works fine[/qoute]

whats No Interface?

and whats 'p' in filename of latest Moonshell? its like 1.71p on their site (http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/2007/03/moonshell_ver171_dl.shtml)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol