Homebrew Moonshell 2 splash previewer

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know whether there's a program for previewing splash files?
It's kinda annoying to have to keep pulling out my sd card to check whether the changes I made to the splash file worked or not....

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, there isn't a splash.ani previewer (hell, we didn't even have a moonshell2 skin previewer until I made one xD...back when I attempted using the M3Sakura previewers and got fed up with them).

Unless I actually understood the splash.ani file, the best I would be able to do would be to make a .gif pretty much (although I probably wouldn't make an actual .gif, you would be able to see what it looks like...but it doesn't vouch for what it looks like on Moonshell2).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Actually - If you had the 'source' files - you would'nt really need a GIF maker.

All that's needed is a program that'll do a slideshow based on the info in the *.ini file
Basic procedure would be something like
> Read the ini file
> Load in all the graphics into memory
> Determine the 'delay' between showing each picture (based on FPS)
> Show each graphics one-after-the-other with xx delay between them

& if you're happy with it - a button to run the 'makeani' program

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Actually - If you had the 'source' files - you would'nt really need a GIF maker.

All that's needed is a program that'll do a slideshow based on the info in the *.ini file
> Read the ini file

That is what I would sort of plan on doing, but it would be bad to say its a previewer and then someone comes up with a splash that did the same thing that Twiztidsinz's splash did some time back (I don't remember if that was solved or not xD).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
CannonFoddr said:

> Read the ini file

That is what I would sort of plan on doing, but it would be bad to say its a previewer and then someone comes up with a splash that did the same thing that Twiztidsinz's splash did some time back (I don't remember if that was solved or not xD).
The 'out-of-position' problem... I had forgot about that.. & I think he somehow 'fixed' it, just as I did (although I'M still not 100% sure what I did to get it fixed)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
jurassicplayer said:
CannonFoddr said:

> Read the ini file

The 'out-of-position' problem... I had forgot about that.. & I think he somehow 'fixed' it, just as I did (although I'M still not 100% sure what I did to get it fixed)
Wait... you fixed it? Like your Sakura Splash is fixed??

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lol, and that problem is the only reason why I haven't added a splash viewer to the Moonshell2 Skin Previewer xD (so lets all thank Twiztidsinz and his problems, because without that problem, we would have a strangely buggy and worthless previewer that wouldn't seem to work correctly)...
The farthest we ever got was the strange results that Cannonfoddr came out with.
Here's the link in case you guys don't want to go looking (though you both probably already looked back at it xD). [link]

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
lol, and that problem is the only reason why I haven't added a splash viewer to the Moonshell2 Skin Previewer xD (so lets all thank Twiztidsinz and his problems, because without that problem, we would have a strangely buggy and worthless previewer that wouldn't seem to work correctly)...
The farthest we ever got was the strange results that Cannonfoddr came out with.
Here's the link in case you guys don't want to go looking (though you both probably already looked back at it xD). [link]
Actually... if you watch the "preview" while it's building the Animation, it goes together correctly.
So maybe it's a problem with playback?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Actually... if you watch the "preview" while it's building the Animation, it goes together correctly.
So maybe it's a problem with playback?
I just attempted previewing the default one with the makesplash...but it almost made no sense of how the preview was a preview (I totally didn't recall that the makesplash had a previewer xD). It had the wonderous background, and it was doing some peculiar looking things (the animation was shifted down, and somehow there were two of the same background and all this strange stuff)

-edit-
I think the bottom one is just to see the initial frame...though why the default's animation is shifted downward I have no idea.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
CannonFoddr said:
jurassicplayer said:
Wait... you fixed it? Like your Sakura Splash is fixed??
Well I haven't updated my Sakura splash download if that's what you mean...

Been busy 'experimenting' (i.e. using trial-&-error - with a LOT of 'errors'
laugh.gif
) & touching-up the graphics with my MAIO skin - among other things

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah.....too bad....at least I actually finished the splash and it worked well enough....
I really dislike the alt_loader for moonshell thou....there's this stupid message that pops up on the top screen
"Booting Moonshell 2.10...Extension Memory not found..."
sigh...

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Xenon++ said:
darkicecrystal said:
The message means you don't have slot2 device. It isn't altloader's fault. You sucks.
Xenon++ ftw!
Oh so very true xD! (And yeah, that "Booting Moonshell 2.10...Extension Memory not found..." is part of the Moonshell2's boot...if you want to have nothing there and be blind to all dangers, you can go into the messages.### of your language and delete those phrases).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
twiztidsinz said:
Xenon++ said:
darkicecrystal said:
The message means you don't have slot2 device. It isn't altloader's fault. You sucks.
Xenon++ ftw!
Oh so very true xD! (And yeah, that "Booting Moonshell 2.10...Extension Memory not found..." is part of the Moonshell2's boot...if you want to have nothing there and be blind to all dangers, you can go into the messages.### of your language and delete those phrases).
Or perhaps just change them to something like 'Oi - You ain't got a Slot-2 installed.. Dimwit'

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
jurassicplayer said:
twiztidsinz said:
Xenon++ said:
darkicecrystal said:
Xenon++ ftw!
Or perhaps just change them to something like 'Oi - You ain't got a Slot-2 installed.. Dimwit'
"I hadz a memry... but I forgetted it"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup