MoonShell 2 can't seem to find extended memory.

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by andynerd, May 1, 2010.

May 1, 2010
  1. andynerd
    OP

Newcomer andynerd Member

United States
    Moon Shell 2.10 on my Action replay DSI says that it can't find extended memory. I assume this is because the action replay isn't supported by Moon Shell. I will dump my Logbuf in a moment. Is there anyway to trick Moonshell into thinking that the AR is actually another microSD using cart? Also There is a lot of randomness with it sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't I don't know why.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    No. Action Replay DSi uses the same DLDI as Games 'n' Music does. Patch it and tell us what happens.

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I thought he was patching the nds files (at least that is what he said on the other thread). If anything, I provided him the patched .nds files in the other thread as well...

4. andynerd
    OP

Newcomer andynerd Member

United States
    Oh i'm definatly patching them with Games'n'Music and it works for everything just not MoonShell I tried it with MoonShell Simply at the request of xenon++ and it even works most of the time. Honestly the problem is not with the error but with the fact that there are multiple errors that come up at random for no reason at all, the odd time moonshell2 even runs perfectly but that is probably 2 or 3 times out of 20-50 attempts. Majority of the errors are failed to write errors or folder version errors but others do pop up.

5. Xenon++

Member Xenon++ Taiju Yamada

Japan
    It is clear that gba_nds_fat compiled by RVCT has issues with GMTF.dldi but what can we do...

6. andynerd
    OP

Newcomer andynerd Member

United States
    I'm assuming he doesn't have a source available lol?

7. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Well...Moonlight does have a source available...but that is really old...back at MS2.00Beta5 (there was something potentially dangerous about this beta that I can't remember). To work from that is kind of...well, who knows what the final result might become xD.

8. andynerd
    OP

Newcomer andynerd Member

United States
    Alright then well I'll keep messing with the format settings maybe the problem lies in that or it could be in something else. All I know is that it works sometimes and moonshell simply works almost all the time so there is an answer out there!