moonshell 2 background

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rflores2323, Sep 7, 2011.

Sep 7, 2011

moonshell 2 background by rflores2323 at 3:37 AM (1,530 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. rflores2323
    OP

Newcomer rflores2323 Member

United States
    I was reading that you can change the background on moonshell 2? I have tried and moonshell doesnt open my background folder. Here are the steps that I did. ANy suggestions

Create a .bmp image that is 256x384
    create a folder "moonshell2 backgrounds" in the root of my sd card
    Launched moonshell2
    go to folder moonshell2 backgrounds

and then moonshell doesnt open the folder it just goes back to the top.

also another quick question. If I want to exit from menu I get a cannot locate RPGS.nds error. Where do I get this file?

2. CollosalPokemon

Member CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

United States
    Isn't it supposed to be 256x192?

384 sounds more likely close to the 3DS's top screen size, which isn't accessible in DS/i mode as far as I know.

3. Nathanaël

Member Nathanaël GBAtemp Regular

Nauru
    Nintendo DS has 2 screens.

What's 192x2=?

4. rflores2323
    OP

United States
    384. The problem however is that moonshell is not even letting me look at the files at all. I try to get into the folder and it does nothing. Is there a setting to view pictures?

5. CollosalPokemon

Member CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

United States
    How many screens does a DS have = 2

You need 2 256x192 bitmaps. (they should be named c_file.bmp for the top screen and desktop.bmp for the bottom screen)

For example here is skin site showing you need 2 bitmaps (both top and bottom background images are separate for each skin) unless I'm missing something:

http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/details/t/f82cb6ce4b

If you extract this ZIP you'll see it contains 2x 256x192 bitmaps c_file.bmp and desktop.bmp (along with other files for various pictures in moonshell). One for the top screen and one for the bottom screen, unless moonshell's seriously changed from the last time I used made skins. (not saying this skin is mine because I didn't make it, but I did make moonshell themes for myself before)

6. rflores2323
    OP

United States
    Is this thesame for moonshell 2? I install skins bya .skn file. I just want to change the wallpaper of the current skin.

7. RyukeDragon

Newcomer RyukeDragon Advanced Member

United States
    This is moonshell 1 information, disregard his post.

I'll need more information on what's going on with this folder problem you have :/

Edit: oh and the reset problem is usually related to having the wrong back to boot information. In moonshell 1 there was a specific file for each card to relaunch the card's specific loader, what card do you have?

I have no problem using .bmps or .jpgs as background files. I opened the image, pressed start to set it as my background, and then it worked.
    If putting the images in a specific folder isn't working, try putting them somewhere else.

8. elisherer

Member elisherer I ♥ 3DS

Israel
  9. RyukeDragon

Newcomer RyukeDragon Advanced Member

United States
    Until the 3ds gets a flashcart that works in 3ds mode what is there to talk about but DS homebrew we have working on the 3ds?