Homebrew Moonshell 2.10 stable help

dabloodclotson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey ppl! I have a edge card and have been able to setup any new versions of moonshell to my daughter's media button. Although not a huge problem, when I hit the start button to bring up the "settings" menu its all in code and not very organized like it is in the readme or any other version. Everything works fine, its just a pain in the arse. Any work-around would be great.

dabloodclotson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanx for the response. It didn't work. I guess the moonshl2.nds file has to be named moonshell for EDGE to read it properly. I usually delete all chinese, japenese and korean fonts to clean things up a bit, but its never been a problem before. I'm not sure as to why there's a problem now. Does anyone know the file or folder where the gui options are located?

dabloodclotson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xenon++ said:
I think you should put moonshl2.nds as /moonshl/moonshell.nds

That's what i did. I also tried renaming moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds and moonshl2_AltLoader_DKPr27.nds to moonshell.nds and still nothing. I'm gonna try using moonshell lite and see if that changes any thing but i doubt it will.

dabloodclotson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
798-Icebird said:
Have you DLDI patched the moonshl2.nds? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=45157
I thought since the edge card has auto DLDI I wouldn't have to. Moonshell 2.09 didn't have any problems. I looked for an edge dldi patch and can't seem to find one. Has anyone else hard a similar problem? I read that you can manually patch a file through DSOrganize but i'm not sure. I'm on firmware 1.9 btw. Its a minor glitch but an annoying one at that.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how similar EDGE and CycloDS are, but with CycloDS the default setting for moonshell is now in "/moonshl2/moonshl2.nds". Try putting it like that, or check the config.xml (if there is one) and see if there's a setting for it in there.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
You could try copying all of the files on your micro sd to your computer, format your micro sd, copy the files back to your micro sd.

dabloodclotson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have it working now. I used ProtoKun7's suggestion to see if that would work. It didn't so I just went back to the old media button config without changing the config.xml and now everything seems normal. All the feedback was appreciated!!! Thank you!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM